The Student Room Group

OCR AS Biology (F211) - Jan 2013.

Thought I'd make this thread so everyone can talk about the upcoming exam.

Yes, it is months away and we have only started learning the syllabus but if you need any questions clarifying etc. this is the place to do it!

Talk away :smile:

Scroll to see replies

how are you studying atm? im acting as if the exams tomorrow with how stressed im getting!
Seriously people? Your exam is 4 months away. Don't revise like crazy; last year I started in october and did about 30-1h per subject every day or so. Otherwise I'd end up worse and be stressed.
im getting scared looking at the spec- so much to do and learn in 4 months, let alone revising and going over it all.
Reply 4
Good thread, thanks for posting. How are you finding it all so far - have you learnt about the lung and exchange surfaces yet? Has anyone got any advice for this exam?

Thanks,

Joe
Reply 5
I am doing this exam in Jan, quite far away still, but looking at the spec there is a lot to learn :frown:
Reply 6
Hey Simibean,

Agreed; there certainly is a lot to cover - are you learning one of the two units; or them both simultaneously?

Kind Regards,

Joe
Reply 7
Original post by 1312JC
Hey Simibean,

Agreed; there certainly is a lot to cover - are you learning one of the two units; or them both simultaneously?

Kind Regards,

Joe

I am just getting taught unit 1 so far. Then in Jan we will start unit 2
Re-taking this in my second year so it is possible to survive! :rolleyes:
Honestly, there isn't that much to learn, wait till you get to F212! But anyway here are some great notes- they are not my own I found them on here but are a great revision resource
Reply 9
Hey Harriet,

Thanks for the notes - they look very good (thank you to the original poster too!). Ahhh; that doesn't sound good - I'm finding the first module hard enough as it is.

Hope things go well for you this year.

All the best,

Joe
Reply 10
are these retakes?
Reply 11
Hi, I did the exam last January and just thought I'd give you a tip. I know at first there already seems loads to learn, if you can try and read around the syllabus, like don't just learn what's on it but read up on scenarios related to it. A level exams (especially in biology, and especially with OCR!) love to give you these annoying 'suggest why...' questions, and the more your read around the topics, the better understanding you'll have and you'll be able to answer those questions easier! Hope this helps and good luck with your biology studies :smile:
Original post by Jodie_668
Hi, I did the exam last January and just thought I'd give you a tip. I know at first there already seems loads to learn, if you can try and read around the syllabus, like don't just learn what's on it but read up on scenarios related to it. A level exams (especially in biology, and especially with OCR!) love to give you these annoying 'suggest why...' questions, and the more your read around the topics, the better understanding you'll have and you'll be able to answer those questions easier! Hope this helps and good luck with your biology studies :smile:

This x10! Strange benefit of doing this module in your A2 year is you've got more knowledge and know how things relate :smile:
Hi everyone I'm in Year 12 taking this exam in February,

It really doesn't seem that far away does it :/

Our lessons are split between two teachers, one teaching the gas exchange and the other about cells.
Already I'm a bit worried about my 'cell' teacher, she's kind of useless. So I can see myself panicking and needing to find out information from this forum in a couple of months! :L :P

Annie :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ThestralQuill67
Hi everyone I'm in Year 12 taking this exam in February,

It really doesn't seem that far away does it :/

Our lessons are split between two teachers, one teaching the gas exchange and the other about cells.
Already I'm a bit worried about my 'cell' teacher, she's kind of useless. So I can see myself panicking and needing to find out information from this forum in a couple of months! :L :P

Annie :smile:

I'm in the same situation, I have a really good teacher for the cardiac cycles topic and then a not so good one for cells and the thing is that his topic is the one that has the exam first but I still revise so I should be alright. Also is your exam in January or Febuary?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Smarticus
I'm in the same situation, I have a really good teacher for the cardiac cycles topic and then a not so good one for cells and the thing is that his topic is the one that has the exam first but I still revise so I should be alright. Also is your exam in January or Febuary?

The exam is on the 9th of January actually, oh god it's earlier than I thought!
I'm doing A2 biology now and I'm retaking this unit :frown:

OCR like making up weird questions and in the exam you have to use specific words or you won't get the mark. I did practice papers and got A's and B's but in the exam something went wrong and I ended up with an E :confused:
Reply 17
Anyone know when the May exam is?
Any anyone want to upload/swap notes?
Reply 18
[QUOTE=iLoveRobSwire Sorry about that did you think about getting a remark and what questions or topics came up last year?

Reply 19
Original post by ThestralQuill67
The exam is on the 9th of January actually, oh god it's earlier than I thought!

I kept getting E's in the practise paper and ended up getting an A overall! low one mind. so hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending