The Student Room Group

Product Design 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
I have for Industrial Design!
Reply 321
Original post by jazzman15
I had my lboro interview for product design 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them. It was my best interview yet so i hoped to get an offer seeing as i got offers from everywhere else i applied. Should i worry have other peeps heard yet?

Their system is usually quite slow I think- hope you got it though!
Reply 322
Yo

People with offers from loughborough for product design and technology!
What halls are peeps going for im finding it super hard to decide?!!!!!
Reply 323
Original post by AbbieRV
Their system is usually quite slow I think- hope you got it though!

Yeh got it!!!!!
cheers so happy STOKED in fact what about U ?
having trouble deciding on halls now tho. :/
Reply 324
Original post by Beckyyf
So has anyone firmed loughborough for product design? :biggrin:

ME!!!! :biggrin: so excited
i applied to manchester metropolitan, and i'm not sure whether they take both AS and A2 results into account. can anyone help me out on that?
Reply 326
hello , iam looking to study product design in CSM and i am doing some portfolio work at the moment. Does anyone know what they are expecting ? how many pages they want ?.
Reply 327
You can easily look it up on their website, it says specifically what they expect to see,

but to sum it up, first you'll need to send a mini-portfolio of 10A4 pages with a maximum of 10 images to sum up your best work, you should include from some sketches to final outcomes but remember you can only do about 10 so choose wisely, and add descriptions to compensate the lack of graphic evidence

then on the main portfolio, QUALITY over QUANTITY, but do bring sketch books if you have any and lots of projects with the thought-process and research included with the final thing, all in chronological order from newest to oldest

Of course they'll want mainly 3D and product related, but add too other art forms like graphics paintings photography or even writings to demonstrate variety and stuff

Also if you actually take time in giving the portfolio a nice format and presentation it might be more engaging :smile:

Hope this helps!!

- Be good, have fun, and make good choices!
Reply 328
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this. I am currently doing Btec electrical engineering and i wish to do Product Design Bsc at university, i was just wondering will i get accepted and has anyone got into Product Design Bsc with a BTEC?

Thank you
Reply 329
Hi, I'm just finishing my Product Design AS level and was wondering what A2 was like for you, and what you'd recommend to do for such a big project next year?
Is it easier or harder? As in the coursework I got 117/120 (my teachers mark, not official...) and I want to know how much harder it'll get next year?

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest