The Student Room Group

Kings College/UCL/Cambridge/QM?

Hey
So i really have been set on going to Kings for Geography (mainly because i know i MAY be able to do the 2nd year abroad)
Also anything about UCL you know, or Queen Mary or Cambridge is also appreciated .
Cheers!
(edited 11 years ago)
Kings is awesome and in London and has a good reputation. UCL is great too, better reputation and usually academic standard than kings. Queen mary - good safe/insurance choice. Cambridge is Cambridge, go visit it and you will know what I'm talking about.
Reply 2
I am sure you are aware of the reputation hierarchy. The location for King's is something to consider; it is central; this may be an advantage or disadvantage for you. Unfortunately, I am unaware of the social reputation, however I can confidently say that King's won't be considerably worse/better than any other university on the level of cohesion or 'friendliness'.
Reply 3
Given your username, surprised you're applying so far inland as opposed to considering Exeter, etc? It's ranked high on the best universities rankings, and it does a year abroad:
http://geography.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/studyabroad/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Crumpet1
Given your username, surprised you're applying so far inland as opposed to considering Exeter, etc? It's ranked high on the best universities rankings, and it does a year abroad:
http://geography.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/studyabroad/

Yeah I just didn't wanna go south to exeter! Stupid reason I know..kings and queen Mary also do a year abroad, Nottingham also does a semester abroad and I applied to all of those. You doing geog?
I've been to UCL and KCL campuses, both are in great locations and I really liked them both. I guess if you're not much of a big city person they might not be for you.
I'm applying to UCL, KCL and QMUL :smile: Plus Southampton and Aston but I don't really want to go to either of them they're just back ups really.
Original post by Gummibaerchen
I've been to UCL and KCL campuses, both are in great locations and I really liked them both. I guess if you're not much of a big city person they might not be for you.
I'm applying to UCL, KCL and QMUL :smile: Plus Southampton and Aston but I don't really want to go to either of them they're just back ups really.

Sorry i only just read this.
Na i live in the city of london lol so i love city life which is why i applied to all the same ones as you except notts and cambridge instead of southhampton and aston..
You got any replies?
Original post by Britsurferchick
Sorry i only just read this.
Na i live in the city of london lol so i love city life which is why i applied to all the same ones as you except notts and cambridge instead of southhampton and aston..
You got any replies?

Ahh I see :smile:

Yeah I got an offer from Aston ABB and interview for QMUL and Southampton. QMUL interview is Wednesday next week EEEEK I am nervous I haven't spoken french for a good year or so! How about you?
Lol omg same.. Im going to QM next wednesday too for an interview lol 14th right? How weird lol!! Were both gonna be there
Did you apply for BSc or BA?
Whats speaking french got to do with anything? lol

Ahh I see :smile:

Yeah I got an offer from Aston ABB and interview for QMUL and Southampton. QMUL interview is Wednesday next week EEEEK I am nervous I haven't spoken french for a good year or so! How about you?

Lol omg same.. Im going to QM next wednesday too for an interview lol 14th right? How weird lol!! Were both gonna be there

Ohhh I am applying for French and German haha. Apparently will have to talk in French and German and English in the interview :/ BA you?
Eeeek good luck I am bricking it!! I have my southampton interview exactly 2 weeks after it!
Ohhh I am applying for French and German haha. Apparently will have to talk in French and German and English in the interview :/ BA you?
Eeeek good luck I am bricking it!! I have my southampton interview exactly 2 weeks after it!

why are you applying for french and german lol?
do u speak both?
yeah same, for some reason i thought you were applying for geography lol
why are you applying for french and german lol?
do u speak both?
yeah same, for some reason i thought you were applying for geography lol

Because I want to go into something to do with languages :smile:
Yeah I speak French, German, Spanish, and basic Hebrew and Russian :smile:
ahhh right no I'm not sorry :smile:
Hello! I'm applying for geography at kings although it's not my first choice, I've heard bad things about its teaching from the newspaper and my dad who's a uni lecturer, the course fair the BA at kings looks great if that's what ur interested in doing, my firm will hopefully be Southampton as soon as I send off my application that is!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending