The Student Room Group

Not enjoying freshers

Hi I am a week and a half into my two weeks of freshers, and im not 100% happy.

Before coming to Uni i had a great social life used to go out with loads of groups of friends 2-3 times a week and was considered the loud outgoing funny guy i suppose.

since coming to Uni i feel nobody knows me for who i really am, my floor in halls of residence is really boring and geeky, but i stuck with them for a while and still friendly with them.

I have been down to some of the other floors which seem more my scene, and it was good there the whole floor drinks and has a really good laugh but i just dont feel part of it, almost like i am intruding

i went down for a few drinks tonight and was going ok, but then they went to another fun floor and i kinda got blown of nobody made a effort to speak to me and there all sorted in there groups. and i got a really clear vibe that they dident really want me there.

its a really small uni in comparison and with everyone all sorted in the gangs i cant see much changing throughout my times at Uni :frown:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
your course? societies? sports clubs? anyone you particularly get on with atm - friends of friends is a common route. otherwise volunteering or getting a part time job at uni would be a good way of meeting people i guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending