The Student Room Group

My Freshers Uni of Nottingham Experience

Hey everyone, I’m Charlize and I’m so glad I get to share my experience of freshers week with everyone ! Hopefully this will help others who are feeling lost , lonely or worried to know we are all in the same boat and all those feelings are absolutely normal :smile:To give you a bit of background info about who I am, I studied Maths, Biology and Chemistry during A levels (the classic medicine trio ). At the start of Y12 I was really passionate about getting into… you guessed it- Medicine. I dedicated a lot of time and effort towards my uni application , but soon learnt about the dreaded UCAT exam 😂. I got a low UCAT score which meant my chances of getting into medicine at uni became very slim so unfortunately didn’t get any offers. Luckily I still had a 5th option of Biochemistry at Uni of Nottingham! Looking back, I couldn’t imagine going to any other uni as it is the perfect place to go to for athletes (I compete in Olympic weightlifting)as it has one of the leading sports facilities in the country.What preparations am I doing on the lead up to uni?

using the final 30% off at Wilkos to get everything I can for uni ( would recommend the list of what to bring on the UoN website)

Watching YouTube videos about previous people’s experiences of UoN

Trying to find other people from my hall of residence on Facebook, TSR etc.

Keeping on top of my finances to ensure I pay all the fees before deadlines.

What are my goals for freshers week ?

Meet as many new people as I can

Try out as many sport clubs as I can ( hopefully join a sports team e.g. hockey, football etc.) to find one I enjoy and can do for fun alongside weightlifting

Train with the british weightlifting squad

Go to different clubs and flat parties to get the true UoN freshers experience

Make friends with people in my hall of residence (I’m in a catered hall so I’ll be spending lots of time with them)

Most importantly- have fun !

I’ll update the blog regularly after move in day , during freshers week and when my lectures start to let you all know my thoughts, emotions and any last words. Hope you all enjoy this blog and learn something valuable from it .If you have any questions as well feel free to ask me !
Original post by charlize095
Hey everyone, I’m Charlize and I’m so glad I get to share my experience of freshers week with everyone ! Hopefully this will help others who are feeling lost , lonely or worried to know we are all in the same boat and all those feelings are absolutely normal :smile:To give you a bit of background info about who I am, I studied Maths, Biology and Chemistry during A levels (the classic medicine trio ). At the start of Y12 I was really passionate about getting into… you guessed it- Medicine. I dedicated a lot of time and effort towards my uni application , but soon learnt about the dreaded UCAT exam 😂. I got a low UCAT score which meant my chances of getting into medicine at uni became very slim so unfortunately didn’t get any offers. Luckily I still had a 5th option of Biochemistry at Uni of Nottingham! Looking back, I couldn’t imagine going to any other uni as it is the perfect place to go to for athletes (I compete in Olympic weightlifting)as it has one of the leading sports facilities in the country.What preparations am I doing on the lead up to uni?

using the final 30% off at Wilkos to get everything I can for uni ( would recommend the list of what to bring on the UoN website)

Watching YouTube videos about previous people’s experiences of UoN

Trying to find other people from my hall of residence on Facebook, TSR etc.

Keeping on top of my finances to ensure I pay all the fees before deadlines.

What are my goals for freshers week ?

Meet as many new people as I can

Try out as many sport clubs as I can ( hopefully join a sports team e.g. hockey, football etc.) to find one I enjoy and can do for fun alongside weightlifting

Train with the british weightlifting squad

Go to different clubs and flat parties to get the true UoN freshers experience

Make friends with people in my hall of residence (I’m in a catered hall so I’ll be spending lots of time with them)

Most importantly- have fun !

I’ll update the blog regularly after move in day , during freshers week and when my lectures start to let you all know my thoughts, emotions and any last words. Hope you all enjoy this blog and learn something valuable from it .If you have any questions as well feel free to ask me !

Hey there! Firstly, congratulations!! What an exciting time you have ahead of you. Can't wait to hear what you get up to :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending