The Student Room Group

URGENT HELP : Resitting Modules

Hi all, I'm a year 13 student applying for Dentistry 2013 entry. I've already achieved an A grade in A-level Maths having started A-level maths in Year 11 and completed it in year 12. I was a mark short off an A*.

My question is, would i be considered a retake applicant if i was to resit a math module in year 13 ? Since I would be doing it over a 3 year period, wouldn't I ? Or because i started in year 11 I would be allowed to resit in year 13 even if it means doing it over 3 years ?

Please help, thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Can someone please help ? :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Hi all, I'm a year 13 student applying for Dentistry 2013 entry. I've already achieved an A grade in A-level Maths having started A-level maths in Year 11 and completed it in year 12. I was a mark short off an A*.

My question is, would i be considered a retake applicant if i was to resit a math module in year 13 ? Since I would be doing it over a 3 year period, wouldn't I ? Or because i started in year 11 I would be allowed to resit in year 13 even if it means doing it over 3 years ?

Please help, thanks

You should contact the universities that you have applied to (I assume you already have as the deadline is 15th) and ask how they would view it. Some interpret 'no retakes' as no retakes at all full stop. You are taking 3 years to achieve the result and some will view that as a 3 year A level.
Original post by gdunne42
You should contact the universities that you have applied to (I assume you already have as the deadline is 15th) and ask how they would view it. Some interpret 'no retakes' as no retakes at all full stop. You are taking 3 years to achieve the result and some will view that as a 3 year A level.

Thank you for your reply ! I have tried, but none pick up their damn phones, and queen mary only reply with some **** automated reply. Arghh
Reply 4
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Thank you for your reply ! I have tried, but none pick up their damn phones, and queen mary only reply with some **** automated reply. Arghh

I think you are on safe ground anyway. They will either ignore the A* if you achieve it and only credit the A (so you might need an A* in something else) or they will be OK with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending