The Student Room Group

University Re-Sits

I have 10 modules every year and each module has an exam. I had 5 exams in January and 5 exams right now in May. I hit my limit in these set of exams. I think I did well in my first 2 and now everything went downhill. I have most definitely failed 2 of the 3 I have left and my last one is tomorrow and I am struggling to get anything right. I will most probably have 3 resits to do in August, is this normal? I have been quite lazy this last semester and have not been enjoying university as much and therefore have not been participating. I have a plan from now till August on how to do my work, but I am mainly looking for reassurance from others who have experienced this.
I can very much relate to this. I've probs failed a module because I've been very lazy last semester. My stakes are a bit lower than yours, so I feel fortunate. But look, it's important to remember that setbacks happen, and they provide an opportunity for growth and learning. There's the possibility that you did better than you imagine, so maybe no need to resit after all. But if you do resit, developing a study plan and committing to it will help achieve better results in your resits.

Reach out to your professors or tutors for guidance and assistance. They can provide valuable advice on how to prepare for your resits and offer additional resources to help you better understand the material.
Reflect on your study techniques and identify areas where you can make improvements. Consider creating a study schedule, breaking down your workload into manageable chunks.
Original post by SirFreb
I have 10 modules every year and each module has an exam. I had 5 exams in January and 5 exams right now in May. I hit my limit in these set of exams. I think I did well in my first 2 and now everything went downhill. I have most definitely failed 2 of the 3 I have left and my last one is tomorrow and I am struggling to get anything right. I will most probably have 3 resits to do in August, is this normal? I have been quite lazy this last semester and have not been enjoying university as much and therefore have not been participating. I have a plan from now till August on how to do my work, but I am mainly looking for reassurance from others who have experienced this.

Hey @SirFreb
First of all, it is completely okay to feel that way. I recently did my exams and felt similar due to lack of motivation.
I got in touch with my academic advisor the first chance I got and spoke to him about it to get his advice on the matter.
I am not sure if this is the case in all universities but I would imagine it is similar: I was told by my Advisor that the university allows up to 2 Condonement Modules. Meaning that in the second part of your degree (year 2 and 3) you are allowed to "fail" up to 2 modules, before getting a resit (for the 3rd failed module).
I cannot assure you that is the exact case for your uni but they should have a similar grading system.
I would suggest you directly contact the head teacher of your subject if you don't have a designated academic advisor, and ask them how the resit system works in your uni. Try to see them in person if you can so you can ask all arising questions directly rather than having to wait for them to reply on email.

I hope this helps and Best of the Luck for your exams, I am sure you have done well and will be just alright :smile:
Vyomika

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending