The Student Room Group

Fail resit module

My daughter fail a resist module and she was told that she need to repeat It’s a whole academic year again. She needs to attend all the classes however she does not need to reset the module which she has passed already.
Unfortunately, this is usually what happens when you fail a resit. The resit is the last chance to accrue enough credits to proceed to the next level in the next academic year. When a resit is failed (and there are no extentuating circumstances to mitigate against this), universities have a limited number of things they can do and it depends on the academic regulations of this particular uni what the options are. This is because "concurrent study", i.e. taking modules from different levels at the same time, is rarely if ever permitted. In this instance, it sounds like they are offering a repeat year with attendance (which means tuition fees will be charged) with the exception of module already passed (one thing to check is that she won't be required to pay for the module completed and passed).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
My daughter fail a resist module and she was told that she need to repeat It’s a whole academic year again. She needs to attend all the classes however she does not need to reset the module which she has passed already.

Hi!

I'm really sorry to hear this.

This is what happens with most universities. She should only be resitting the module/s that she failed. Unfortunately, this is what is needed to go into her next year. On the bright side she will have more free time, as she won't need to resit the modules she has passed. It would be an opportunity to volunteer in an area related to her course, find more part time work and enjoy her hobbies. All of these will help her in the future and definitely won't be a waste of her year. This has happened to a couple of my uni friends and they paid tuition fees only for the failed modules and found the free time really helpful.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, what uni is this ? I failed 2 possibly 3 of my resits . I messed up my second year at university . I basically gave up but for the resits I can confidently say that I passed two of them . I had 5 in total . But I faced bereavement prior to the resits . Hopefully they would allow me to resit again in the academic year im still waiting for their decision . Should be published in a few days
Hi, if I may ask, what uni are u in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending