The Student Room Group

Resitting an optional course in first year of uni

I failed my optional module. I’m in my first year of uni, so it says I can take a resit in August. If I’m to pass the resit Do I get the credits for passing the resit or not since it’s a resit or do I get half the credits instead of the full 20 credits?
Original post by Anonymous
I failed my optional module. I’m in my first year of uni, so it says I can take a resit in August. If I’m to pass the resit Do I get the credits for passing the resit or not since it’s a resit or do I get half the credits instead of the full 20 credits?

Different unis have different ways of handling this. You need to check the academic regulations for your particular university to see what the resit rules are. (Or let us know which uni you're at.)

As above it varies how it works but usually if you pass you will get the full credits of the module, but normally your grade will be capped at the lowest grade of pass.
Original post by DataVenia
Different unis have different ways of handling this. You need to check the academic regulations for your particular university to see what the resit rules are. (Or let us know which uni you're at.)

I go to University of Edinburgh. I can’t find anything about how much credits I get if I pass the resit, it only seems to mention the type of resit assessment type but nothing about credits. Any advice would be helpful :smile:
You would still receive the full credits for the module.
I go to University of Edinburgh. I can’t find anything about how much credits I get if I pass the resit, it only seems to mention the type of resit assessment type but nothing about credits. Any advice would be helpful :smile:

See paragraph 27.14 within "Regulation 27 Resit assessment", here, which says: "The full range of marks offered by the relevant Common Marking Scheme is available at resit assessment. Resit marks are not capped." (As @1582 says above.)
Original post by DataVenia
See paragraph 27.14 within "Regulation 27 Resit assessment", here, which says: "The full range of marks offered by the relevant Common Marking Scheme is available at resit assessment. Resit marks are not capped." (As @1582 says above.)

Thank you so much!!! I’ll check that out
Reply 7
How do I resit my astronomy elective at edin uni when I passed the exam but failed the coursework (semester 1 yr 1)? Is it classes through summer or a new exam ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending