The Student Room Group

University grades

If you don’t get the university grades you want , what do you do can you resit if you passed.
Original post by Anonymous
If you don’t get the university grades you want , what do you do can you resit if you passed.

Most (perhaps all) unis won't let you redo an assessment / resit a module unless you've failed it. Which uni are you at?
Reply 2
Northumbria university
Original post by Anonymous
Northumbria university

Thanks. You can find their latest Academic Regulations for Taught Awards (ARTA) here.

I don't see anything in there which would either allow or prevent you from resitting a module you'd passed (with the intention being to improve your result).

Given the lack of clarity in the ARTA, I suggest you seek advice from someone within the uni itself.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi,

Resits within university due to upgrading a grade doesn’t typically happen within university.

However, each university is slightly different. If you have external factors you maybe able to apply ‘extenuating circumstances’ this may be (e.g. not reaching the pass mark in an examination, being able to resit the exam without the grade being capped) however this is all subjected to multiple different elements.

If you aren’t getting the grades you hope, I’d suggest that you contact your module lead so you can get some feedback and they can explain what they want to improve for future.

Hope this helps a bit
Kaprice R (3rd Year - BSc Forensic Science)
LSBU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending