The Student Room Group

forgot to declare a retake :(!

hey all sorry if this has been done many times!

sent my application off just before the oct 15th deadline, then I remembered the next day that i forgot to declare my resit!
my resit was for a physics ISA. I achieved a B in the ISA and an A grade overall (so the retake couldn't actually change my grade for AS) and am continuing with physics this year. I listed my physics grades as normal, I just didn't add an extra one signifying the retake.

I asked my head of year, who said to keep quiet about it, and another ucas guru teacher told me it should be OK.

I know it's late, but what do you guys think I should do? obviousley this breaks the UCAS rules. should I call the universities? does it matter that one already gave me an offer? should I sit the ISA again and just keep quiet? or should I opt out of the ISA if possible?

any help is appreciated (since I'm totally zonked out on stress and caffeine right now :frown:)
Reply 1
I have the same dilemma about maths. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
If UCAS have a go at you, I'm sure you can appeal it on the grounds that your teachers told you not to.
But don't worry though anyway. I'm pretty sure absolutely nothing will happen.

edit: wait a second, where do you even declare resits on the ucas form? I just looked and I can't find it.

If it is in the module section then you should be okay as you only need to fill in your overall AS/A2 grades. Modules are optional.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Holy **** i forgot to declare i'm re-sitting my physics ISA and it actually does effect my grade!!

I got A's in the exams and a D in the ISA giving me an overall B.

Do you think it will make that much of a difference? Or should i inform them.

Reply 4
Original post by bssjonny
If UCAS have a go at you, I'm sure you can appeal it on the grounds that your teachers told you not to.
But don't worry though anyway. I'm pretty sure absolutely nothing will happen.

edit: wait a second, where do you even declare resits on the ucas form? I just looked and I can't find it.

If it is in the module section then you should be okay as you only need to fill in your overall AS/A2 grades. Modules are optional.

You add additional As Levels, and put the result as pending :-)

Reply 5
glad I'm not alone (not glad you guys forgot too, but I thought I was the only one!).

the problem is i'm filling in an SAQ for cambridge (wont get in, but wahey!), and obviously they want to know all my resits and everything I've ever done.
since I'm a bit tipsy and super tired, I'm slightly leaning towards pulling out of the ISA retake, I'm going to ask my head of year tomorrow (since the SAQ is due in on monday).

I've heard it's best to contact UCAS and the admissions office of your choices, but not sure how to go about it and whether or not that would put me in jeopardy of losing potential offers.
Reply 6
Original post by quijibo
hey all sorry if this has been done many times!

sent my application off just before the oct 15th deadline, then I remembered the next day that i forgot to declare my resit!
my resit was for a physics ISA. I achieved a B in the ISA and an A grade overall (so the retake couldn't actually change my grade for AS) and am continuing with physics this year. I listed my physics grades as normal, I just didn't add an extra one signifying the retake.

I asked my head of year, who said to keep quiet about it, and another ucas guru teacher told me it should be OK.

I know it's late, but what do you guys think I should do? obviousley this breaks the UCAS rules. should I call the universities? does it matter that one already gave me an offer? should I sit the ISA again and just keep quiet? or should I opt out of the ISA if possible?

any help is appreciated (since I'm totally zonked out on stress and caffeine right now :frown:)

if youve put pending for overall grade, then it should be ok. otherwise not sure, maybe email UCAS to see what they say, or mention it at an interview or if you get an offer, contact them and let them know. it should affect your offer, but just for the whole 'honesty' policy, I see! Or you can say you decided to resit it after u sent ur application...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending