The Student Room Group

Maths gcse resit uni application

If In september I apply for 2024 start, but I want to resit my maths gcse in November because I don’t have the grades for it - when will I get the resit marks - how does it work with applications.
Reply 1
You would apply listing your existing qualifications and grades, you would also list the retake with the result PENDING. If the university requires a higher GCSE maths grade than you currently have but they like the look of the rest of your application they would make you a conditional offer of a place. One of the conditions would be meeting the required GCSE grade. GCSE results from November exams appear in early January (11th I think).
Reply 2
Original post by zaranxj
If In september I apply for 2024 start, but I want to resit my maths gcse in November because I don’t have the grades for it - when will I get the resit marks - how does it work with applications.

You will put your current grade on UCAS and add Maths again as pending. Results should be out in January so you could wait but you still need to declare the grade you already have.
Original post by zaranxj

im in the same situation :frown:(

Quick Reply

Latest