The Student Room Group

Why is my ex acting like this?!

So me and my ex broke up a while ago (about a month) but we see eachother everyday because we hang out in a group at school - when were in a group he acts mostly normal but he avoids me and him being alone at all costs
And when its me and him alone we have barely anything to say to eachother!
Is this his way of getting over it or does he not care in the first place?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my ex broke up a while ago (about a month) but we see eachother everyday because we hang out in a group at school - when were in a group he acts mostly normal but he avoids me and him being alone at all costs
And when its me and him alone we have barely anything to say to eachother!
Is this his way of getting over it or does he not care in the first place?
The former. I don't know what could make you suspect the latter, he was your boyfriend for some time, wasn't he? Don't push him (or anyone, really) to talk to you, it'll only make things more awkward and them more distant.
Reply 2
Ok so basically dont speak to him unless he does to me first?
I feel like Im doing my best to try and make things less awkward so that we can go back to being friends (we were really close friends before we dated) but he just doesnt care
Reply 3
Maybe he has "little man syndrome" :P
Reply 4
What do you want from him? Depending on how deep your romantic relationship was, typically it can't go back to being just friends, at least not without time. Who dumped who?
Reply 5
Well basically we hadnt spoken for the whole summer due to him having some issues which I understood but when those were resolved he still didnt message me when he easily could of so I kind of said I assume things are over with us!
And we were really close friends (I was the only one he told personal things to) and when dating we got really close really quickly
Now its like we barely know each other
Reply 6
I suppose then that he just wants to leave all that behind him, and talking to you like he used to would just confuse things for him. If you were his sole confidante, then he's going to pull away from that in order to get away from his feelings for you so he can move on.
Reply 7
I guess Ill just try and give him the most space that I can!
Learnt my lesson about dating good friends!
Reply 8
Yeah, chances are you've lost him as the very close friend he was, though given that he's fine staying in the same friendship group you could well become 'normal friends' again.
Reply 9
I hope so!
Thanks for the advice! :smile:
Reply 10
Being alone with girl I used to bang not long after we broke up. Not awkward at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending