The Student Room Group

MUN Hypothetical 2012/04 - Eurozone debt crisis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehFrance
x

This is not relevant to the thread but Belarus asks Russia if further talks on the RL scenario of Belarussian and Russian monetary/political union would be something you are interested in?
Reply 21
It is in Europe's interest that the Euro survives
Reply 22
The Czech Republic opposes Russian financial involvement. We believe that the EU can take care of its own problems if appropriate action is taken, and any Russian bailout would be used by Russia to increase its influence in the area.
Reply 23
OOC: I have only just noticed this, please can European States contact me about this matter?

PM me or post in the Bloc thread
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cheese_Monster
OOC: Belarus surrenders unconditionally to any Swiss aggression. We're sorry.

OOC: Good the Czech's can have Belarus :smile:. We'll take the Western front whilst they take the East. We'll create a cross shaped trade route connecting the Northern Southern Eastern and Western parts of Europe centrally of course apart from Britain who we will grant free trade along with Russia. Europe will belong to the Swiss-Czech Empire.

MWHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
Reply 25
OOC: This is about economics and the eurozone crisis with Greece being bankrupt.
This is not relevant to the thread but Belarus asks Russia if further talks on the RL scenario of Belarussian and Russian monetary/political union would be something you are interested in?

OOC: I will have to look into it in more detail but I don't think it can work... I know that the Belarusian rouble is pegged to the United States Dollar which is a dreadful way to start :tongue: (unless things have changed.
Original post by stanlas2
The Czech Republic opposes Russian financial involvement. We believe that the EU can take care of its own problems if appropriate action is taken, and any Russian bailout would be used by Russia to increase its influence in the area.

Does the Czech Republic instead wish to see that these countries fail and go into chaos? bailouts in Cyprus will happen due to the amount of money held by Russian billionaires in Cyprus however Greece is still open for discussion, likewise with Sweden.
OOC: I will have to look into it in more detail but I don't think it can work... I know that the Belarusian rouble is pegged to the United States Dollar which is a dreadful way to start :tongue: (unless things have changed.

OOC :I literally only just read about the potential union in RL ha. Ah but Belarus misses its time as a Soviet buffer state :wink:
Reply 28

Does the Czech Republic instead wish to see that these countries fail and go into chaos? bailouts in Cyprus will happen due to the amount of money held by Russian billionaires in Cyprus however Greece is still open for discussion, likewise with Sweden.

We do not want Greece to fall apart; that is why we proposed the ECB idea, which is a perfectly logical solution.
What we do not want is growing Russian influence over Europe when the country has a dubious human rights record, to say the least.
Reply 29
Original post by PierceBrosnan
OOC: Good the Czech's can have Belarus :smile:. We'll take the Western front whilst they take the East. We'll create a cross shaped trade route connecting the Northern Southern Eastern and Western parts of Europe centrally of course apart from Britain who we will grant free trade along with Russia. Europe will belong to the Swiss-Czech Empire.

MWHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

OOC: We shouldn't reveal our plans for world domination too much :smile:
OOC :I literally only just read about the potential union in RL ha. Ah but Belarus misses its time as a Soviet buffer state :wink:

OOC: :lol:
We do not want Greece to fall apart; that is why we proposed the ECB idea, which is a perfectly logical solution.

What we do not want is growing Russian influence over Europe when the country has a dubious human rights record, to say the least.

It is up to Greece to whom they turn (in real life Russia is a huge possibility anyway so really? :dontknow:).

The Russian Federation is outraged and demands you retract your statement.
Reply 31
OOC: I am speaking in a personal capacity, Germany has to be involved in this.
Reply 32
Sweden is extremely alarmed at this situation and the financial effects around Europe, the FTSE, DAX and CAC indicies in futures trading are down around 10%.

Sweden demands immediate action!
OOC: We shouldn't reveal our plans for world domination too much :smile:

OOC: Of course of course :smile:
Reply 34

The Russian Federation is outraged and demands you retract your statement.

We are sorry but we cannot withdraw that statement until Russia begins to make actual attempts to become democratic, such as stopping the practice of kidnapping and torturing opposition activists such as Leonoid.
Reply 35
Original post by Rakas21

Sweden demands immediate action!

We would like to reassure Sweden that we have already taken action, and informed the DSG about it; it should be revealed soon
Reply 36
We would like to reassure Sweden that we have already taken action, and informed the DSG about it; it should be revealed soon

Care to inform Brussels, AKA me, about this plan?
We are sorry but we cannot withdraw that statement until Russia begins to make actual attempts to become democratic, such as stopping the practice of kidnapping and torturing opposition activists such as Leonoid.

The Russian Federation is outraged, we are a democratic nation, the Kremlin had no part in the alleged abduction of Leonid Razvozzhayev.

OOC: Russia is actually a democracy, most media outlets despise Putin and yet they survive and Putin is elected regardless. There are a lot of opposition parties however unless they are funded by foreign funds in which case they are shut down and rightly so, I'd expect the same to happen in France and here.

Seriously go to Russia and see it for yourself.
In that case as with Greece, we ask you to make a formal request and we will look at the request where we will make a decision based on how much is asked for, terms of said bailout and how much money is in Sweden that is held by Russian citizens that needs protecting.

We are most certainly helping out with Cyprus.

OOC: Regardless of what happens in real life, helping out Cyprus fiscally isn't a bad move :wink:

OOC: Does your wink face :wink: imply a strategic move possibly in order to compliment Russia's Syrian Naval port?
Original post by PierceBrosnan
OOC: Does your wink face :wink: imply a strategic move possibly in order to compliment Russia's Syrian Naval port?

OOC: No not at all, in-fact the main reason that the bailout in Cyprus is happening in real life is due to it being in Russia's interests as if the billionaires no longer have money then they will find it hard to fund businesses etc... plus Russian's can virtually buy EU citizenship via Cyprus now and I don't think Russia wants to get in the way of that :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending