Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Restart the phone as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

All working now, was just the router :yep:
Original post by mikeyd85
Screenshot_2013-05-29-08-47-16.jpg

Nice.

Sorry, as I know this is an Android thread and not iOS, but this is the download speed I got on T-Mobile 3G! Very quick!

Bit of a cheat as I was stood next to the mast, and this was on the outskirts of Bristol, in a village full of old people so it's unlikely there was much network traffic. Haaha.

This was on an iPhone 5 which of course has the faster 3G capabilities.

Although Three offer faster 3G, it shows T-Mobile can as well in some areas. I'd switch to Three due to their unlimited data but I get no signal at home on Three. On T-Mobile I always get good 3G and sometimes at home it drops to E, but still better than no signal! My sim-only on T-Mobile is meant to have 1GB however the app says I have unlimited data! I've used well over 1GB this month and haven't been charged extra!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371109051.486952.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
A few small things that would make Android great...

In the phone app, when dialling a number, it should bring up a contact (like dialling 36... should bring up all the Emmas in your phonebook)
Merge contacts in the SMS app (i.e. for some reason a mobile/work number for the same person show up as different contacts)
Allow renaming/hiding apps in the app drawer
Built-in file manager
Nicer widgets (get help from HTC on this)

I like stock Android, but I think a lot of things HTC Sense includes are awesome, and Google should integrate a few of them

Also, Android will never be as smooth as iOS unless they focus on optimising it for certain devices (like a Nexus range) and leave optimisation for other devices up to manufacturers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS

In the phone app, when dialling a number, it should bring up a contact (like dialling 36... should bring up all the Emmas in your phonebook)
Merge contacts in the SMS app (i.e. for some reason a mobile/work number for the same person show up as different contacts)
Built-in file manager

I like stock Android, but I think a lot of things HTC Sense includes are awesome, and Google should integrate a few of them

Can't you already do all that.

Or am i missing something.
Original post by Sum Gai
Can't you already do all that.

Or am i missing something.

With different phone, messaging, widget collections, file manager and launcher apps, yeah

but I would prefer it all to be part of Android
With different phone, messaging, widget collections, file manager and launcher apps, yeah

but I would prefer it all to be part of Android

Apart from widgets and file manager i'm pretty sure all the stock apps do that. right???
Reply 1388

Built-in file manager

Also, Android will never be as smooth as iOS unless they focus on optimising it for certain devices (like a Nexus range) and leave optimisation for other devices up to manufacturers.

HTC Sense is my favourite of the manufacturer skins and it looks very slick :smile:. I have a Wildfire S and it looks much more advanced than my dad's Galaxy Ace, and both run Gingerbread. Even my mum's HTC Wildfire which runs Froyo looks more advanced than my dad's phone. Although since ICS TouchWiz is greatly improved.

I'm currently using a Jelly Bean custom ROM on my phone in order to try out Google Now and I'm missing HTC Sense. I prefer most of the mods that Sense has, especially the "People" app and the widgets (my dad is envious of the widget with the clock/weather combined :laugh:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmyname
I hate how there aren't any contracts for new phones that target the low user market. I only need about 100 minutes, cos I barely call, about 100 texts cos I use whatsapp, and unlimited data (only three offer this). The cheapest contract with unlimited data for the S4 is £33 with three, which includes 500 minutes n unlimited texts which I don't need. If I could have fewer minutes n texts, I could easily save around £5 a month.

Anyways has anyone on here got an Oppo Find 5

What about getting the sim free phone and then joining giffgaff?
Original post by Sum Gai
Apart from widgets and file manager i'm pretty sure all the stock apps do that. right???

What phone do you have? HTCs stock phone/messaging apps can do that (it's one of the things I really miss about my old phone)

Original post by G8D
The dialler thing is default for me on ICS (though it is a custom ROM).

Unsure about messaging as I generally only receive texts from people's mobiles...

Can't rename/hide icons.

For most people their file manager needs are met by the gallery and the music app. Those in need of one already know how to find it.

I'm less enamoured by widgets these days as I was when I was on my HTC Hero/HD2. I like the simplistic ones in ICS and if you want something else then Beautiful Widgets is cheap.

Are you running CyanogenMod? I think the dialler they use includes that feature. I have Beautiful widgets but I'm not keen on it. Just something about the HTC Widgets... Beautiful Widgets looks like a cheap copy of HTC Sense imo

Original post by avhhs
HTC Sense is my favourite of the manufacturer skins and it looks very slick :smile:. I have a Wildfire S and it looks much more advanced than my dad's Galaxy Ace, and both run Gingerbread. Even my mum's HTC Wildfire which runs Froyo looks more advanced than my dad's phone. Although since ICS TouchWiz is greatly improved.

I'm currently using a Jelly Bean custom ROM on my phone in order to try out Google Now and I'm missing HTC Sense. I prefer most of the mods that Sense has, especially the "People" app and the widgets (my dad is envious of the widget with the clock/weather combined :laugh:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, Sense is the best imo too.

I hate hate hate TouchWiz, I think it's horrible. I got a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 cheap, but hated the interface so much. I installed CyanogenMod for the stock Android experience, but it just didn't feel right, so I ended up selling the tab
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Illusionary
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/search.aspx?product=HTC_One_Silver&rowqty=10&sortkey=11&order=1&page=1

Third one down - Orange, £36/month for 18 months = £648
Less £144 cashback gives £504 (Dialaphone are very reliable with cashback)

That compares to £490 SIM-free from Amazon, before any contract costs are included.

£105 cashback is also available via TopCashBack: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/dial-a-phone/. Again, Dialaphone cashback is very reliable in my experience, so that reduces the total costs to £399. If Panther 36 doesn't cover what you're after, there's nothing to stop you from also taking out a rolling contract with Giffgaff or similar and you'd still be saving money. It takes a little more effort, but for the saving it's worth it in my books. :smile:

I'm currently looking at deals with the S4 as Vodafone retentions were completely useless as they no longer offer an 18 month contract and 12 months is too expensive (they won't budge on price)

But looking at the offer you posted, I can't see one from dialaphone with cashback. Am I missing something, or has that offer just gone?
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/search.aspx?product=HTC_One_Silver&rowqty=10&sortkey=11&order=1&page=1

Third one down - Orange, £36/month for 18 months = £648
Less £144 cashback gives £504 (Dialaphone are very reliable with cashback)

That compares to £490 SIM-free from Amazon, before any contract costs are included.

£105 cashback is also available via TopCashBack: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/dial-a-phone/. Again, Dialaphone cashback is very reliable in my experience, so that reduces the total costs to £399. If Panther 36 doesn't cover what you're after, there's nothing to stop you from also taking out a rolling contract with Giffgaff or similar and you'd still be saving money. It takes a little more effort, but for the saving it's worth it in my books. :smile:

I'm currently looking at deals with the S4 as Vodafone retentions were completely useless as they no longer offer an 18 month contract and 12 months is too expensive (they won't budge on price)

But looking at the offer you posted, I can't see one from dialaphone with cashback. Am I missing something, or has that offer just gone?

Edit: Ignore me, just realised the offer you posted was for HTC One, my bad!
Original post by biffyclyro27

Edit: Ignore me, just realised the offer you posted was for HTC One, my bad!

You can still fast cashback via Quidco or Topcashback, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can still fast cashback via Quidco or Topcashback, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Went into carphone warehouse to have a play with the S4 and the HTC One today, and decided I actually preferred the HTC One. So I went ahead and ordered via Topcashback and dialaphone. I went for the offer without cahback via redemption though as it had extra minutes and data and I decided I probably wouldn't be arsed/would do the redemption part wrong anyway.

24 months at £24/month - £576 total, indeed not bad at all :yep:
Original post by biffyclyro27
Went into carphone warehouse to have a play with the S4 and the HTC One today, and decided I actually preferred the HTC One. So I went ahead and ordered via Topcashback and dialaphone. I went for the offer without cahback via redemption though as it had extra minutes and data and I decided I probably wouldn't be arsed/would do the redemption part wrong anyway.

Perfectly reasonable as an approach :yep:
Reply 1397
http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/htc-one-silver/pay-monthly.html
300 cross-network mins + 5000 texts + All-you-can-eat Data. £28.00 a month.

That's if you love using internet and texting allot.

That redemption scheme, they are very tight on, even if you miss to claim one month then you will get nothing at all as they void it.
Reply 1398

Yep, Sense is the best imo too.

I hate hate hate TouchWiz, I think it's horrible. I got a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 cheap, but hated the interface so much. I installed CyanogenMod for the stock Android experience, but it just didn't feel right, so I ended up selling the tab

Not really a fan of stock Android either. Currently using AOKP on my HTC Wildfire S for the last 2 days only because I wanted to properly try out Google Now and see what it was all about (even though I already had it on my iPad). Lets see how long I manage to resist the temptation to change it back to the normal Sense :tongue: (which I was very happy with, plus battery life doesn't seem too good on this ROM).
Original post by avhhs
Not really a fan of stock Android either. Currently using AOKP on my HTC Wildfire S for the last 2 days only because I wanted to properly try out Google Now and see what it was all about (even though I already had it on my iPad). Lets see how long I manage to resist the temptation to change it back to the normal Sense :tongue: (which I was very happy with, plus battery life doesn't seem too good on this ROM).

The novelty of Google Now wore off for me pretty much straight away. I only ever use it for setting an alarm lol, because you can say set an alarm for 20 minutes, or set an alarm for "quarter of an hour" (if I say 14/15, it always thinks I said 40/50)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending