The Student Room Group

Colorado First State To Legalize Marijuana

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/06/no-on-64-concedes-colorado-votes-in-favor-of-pot-legalization/

Good, some progress is being made :smug:

And a few guys over on stormfront seem to be happy aswell (thought they would be against it)

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t923612/

Lets hope people here get their heads out their backsides.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Bad idea.

All it does is encourage drug use.

Do you mean general drug use? Or marijuana use? If marijuana use, what's the problem with its use?
You do have to wonder if America is really the place you wanted this to start. Time will tell.

marijuana-restaurant.jpg
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
You do have to wonder if America is really the place you wanted this to start. Time will tell.

marijuana-restaurant.jpg

What is this supposed to show? Big corporations will dominate the market? What's the problem with that exactly? It will be multiple companies and they'll have to make it cheap enough to encourage people to buy because you can grow weed so a win for customers.
Reply 4
Bad idea.

So what?
Reply 5
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
What is this supposed to show? Big corporations will dominate the market? What's the problem with that exactly? It will be multiple companies and they'll have to make it cheap enough to encourage people to buy because you can grow weed so a win for customers.

Cant think of a better place to be honest
Bad idea.

I think you'll find drug users don't really need encouragement, considering they already use drugs..............
Reply 7
Shame that there's still a Federal ban on it, and that ban is unlikely to be lifted.
Reply 8

No problem as long as that encouragement doesn't extend to influencing laws to prevent users from growing their own.
What is this supposed to show? Big corporations will dominate the market? What's the problem with that exactly?

Current situation: Dealers adding dodgy stuff (Such as glass or spraying the plants with 'perfumes') and making Weed really unsafe.

Situation 50 years from now in America: Big companies adding dodgy stuff to plants (Such as newspaper and spraying it with 'perfumes') and making all Marijuana pretty unhealthy.

I say pass on both tbh. The big change? People can just be more open about growing it themselves, which to my understanding everyone does.
(edited 11 years ago)
Current situation: Dealers adding dodgy stuff (Such as glass or spraying the plants with 'perfumes') and making Weed really unsafe.

Situation 50 years from now in America: Big companies adding dodgy stuff to plants (Such as newspaper and spraying it with 'perfumes') and making all Marijuana pretty unhealthy.

I say pass on both tbh.

Not necessarily. I get what you mean that even big corps can't always be trusted, but it is much easier to regulate licensed manufacturers than to regulate drugs dealers as one needs to conform to the manufacturing standards set out by law (i.e. licensee holders that can be held to account for not following rules) and one can essentially do whatever they like (i.e. dangerous dan the dealer that grows weed in his basement then mixes his stash with what ever he can find).
Original post by 3 Phase Duck
Not necessarily. I get what you mean that even big corps can't always be trusted, but it is much easier to regulate licensed manufacturers than to regulate drugs dealers as one needs to conform to the manufacturing standards set out by law (i.e. licensee holders that can be held to account for not following rules) and one can essentially do whatever they like (i.e. dangerous dan the dealer that grows weed in his basement then mixes his stash with what ever he can find).

This is true, and it's obviously great and will get rid of alot of problems. Am just curious to see who grabs the monopoly on it :h:
Reply 12
Original post by n00
No problem as long as that encouragement doesn't extend to influencing laws to prevent users from growing their own.

this
Reply 13
Its been legalised in washington aswell

I say pass on both tbh.

Yeah that won't really happen. You don't think there will be a regulation company? It's not worth the risk, as I said, people can grow their own so they wouldn't risk getting such a bad pr.

Original post by n00

They can attempt whatever they want, that's their right but it won't happen. Corporations don't need to bother to attempt to anger the people by restricting their ability to grow their own. People are lazy, large corporations have stores everywhere so as long as they make it cheap, people will buy it as opposed to bother home-growing it which will take time.
Reply 15
They can attempt whatever they want, that's their right but it won't happen. Corporations don't need to bother to attempt to anger the people by restricting their ability to grow their own. People are lazy, large corporations have stores everywhere so as long as they make it cheap, people will buy it as opposed to bother home-growing it which will take time.

Yeah people are lazy and don't have the time, home brewing doesn't really bother the alcohol industry and home growing of fruit and veg doesn't bother Tesco, but then cannabis is a little different.

1 plant can produce up to 16 ounces, plants can be grown, harvested and ready to smoke in as little as 8 weeks, even with minimal effort and cost it can be of a quality far superior to that currently available in Amsterdam. Home growers can't smoke all they can produce with ease so they share it. Prohibition has already encouraged a sizable proportion of users to turn to home growing and weed produced by corporations is unlikely to stop them. There is huge variety in taste, smell and effect far greater than in wines which won’t really lend itself to large scale commercial production. Theres not going to be much profit left to be made or tax to be taken

There are some easily achievable ways of preventing home growers, licences, registration, regulation on chemical make up. Shouldn't cause much trouble for corporations to get that with so many puritans still around and governments no doubt unhappy to see tax rates on cannabis any lower than those for alcohol or tobacco.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
they'll have to make it cheap enough to encourage people to buy

I don't think they'll have a problem with finding a customer base :P
Reply 17
Great news hope it spreads throughout the country, I imagine it will catch on in the UK pretty soon would like to see UKIP adopt it as policy to get more youth and libertarian votes.

They are also legalising gay marriage in a few states! Good as long as they don't force the church to marry them.
Reply 18
Original post by n00
Yeah people are lazy and don't have the time, home brewing doesn't really bother the alcohol industry and home growing of fruit and veg doesn't bother Tesco, but then cannabis is a little different.

1 plant can produce up to 16 ounces, plants can be grown, harvested and ready to smoke in as little as 8 weeks, even with minimal effort and cost it can be of a quality far superior to that currently available in Amsterdam. Home growers can't smoke all they can produce with ease so they share it. Prohibition has already encouraged a sizable proportion of users to turn to home growing and weed produced by corporations is unlikely to stop them. There is huge variety in taste, smell and effect far greater than in wines which won’t really lend itself to large scale commercial production. Theres not going to be much profit left to be made or tax to be taken

There are some easily achievable ways of preventing home growers, licences, registration, regulation on chemical make up. Shouldn't cause much trouble for corporations to get that with so many puritans still around and governments no doubt unhappy to see tax rates on cannabis any lower than those for alcohol or tobacco.

Still any sales are better than none right? There will always be lazy buggers who will never catch on I imagine they will be the majority as well.
Reply 19
Original post by pr0view
Still any sales are better than none right? There will always be lazy buggers who will never catch on I imagine they will be the majority as well.

I imagine homegrowers will have a fair amount of surplus that will supply a lot of those lazy buggers. It all eats into profits and could easily be mitigated by ****ting on homegrowers.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending