The Student Room Group

Medicine 2013 rejection thread

Although the title is pessimistic, but we need to keep watch on which medical school started handing out rejections.

Sorry & Good luck.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you know anyone who has been rejected?
Reply 2
Manchester have started giving out interviews, but I havent heard ANYTHING, am I likely to be rejected? :frown:
Just to give you guys a bit of hope, I got rejected then 3 months later got an email saying I've got an interview in a week. So if you get rejected, ask them why. They may reconsider.
Reply 4
Original post by Somali-Pir8
Just to give you guys a bit of hope, I got rejected then 3 months later got an email saying I've got an interview in a week. So if you get rejected, ask them why. They may reconsider.

Yeah my friend got rejected last year and then a bit later they made him an offer. Although i would think that is very rare to be honest.
Original post by bssjonny
Yeah my friend got rejected last year and then a bit later they made him an offer. Although i would think that is very rare to be honest.

Yeah, I imagine it would be but quite a few of the doctors I shadowed had the same experience
Reply 6
last year, I had my first rejections about late November...getting quite anxious now. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by 10LFC10
I haven't heard of any rejections yet, although i have been told that if it comes to the end of february next year chances are you have been. i always thought that once your application was processed you either get an interview, waiting list for interview or rejection straight away but now i haven't a clue :P

Last year my friend heard his first reply at the end of febuary - his first reply!!! So basically, he gets acknowledgements in mid october, and then boom, nothing for 4 months. He still got into manchester tho...
Reply 8
so.. they give out offers & rejections at the same time..?
I just got a rejection from Manchester today through ucas track but I have emailed to ask for feedback :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
s

Hopefully this gif makes someone happy after an rejection
Original post by evan almighty
I just got a rejection from Manchester today through ucas track but I have emailed to ask for feedback :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: what were your stats?
Reply 12
Original post by Proflash
s

Hopefully this gif makes someone happy after an rejection

LOL

yeah me too! quite dissppointed, I think it must have been because of my UKCAT score as I know they want quite high! What was your UKCAT, and other results etc? :frown:
Original post by fionatomlinson
yeah me too! quite dissppointed, I think it must have been because of my UKCAT score as I know they want quite high! What was your UKCAT, and other results etc? :frown:

It was 595 but I thought they would consider all parts of my application as a whole before they decide. Because I thought I had a strong personal statement, decent GCSEs and AS with A*AA prediction and that's why I applied to Manchester but I later found out they actually used the ukcat as a cutoff point. What about yours?

It was 595 but I thought they would consider all parts of my application as a whole before they decide. Because I thought I had a strong personal statement, decent GCSEs and AS with A*AA prediction and that's why I applied to Manchester but I later found out they actually used the ukcat as a cutoff point. What about yours?

That's probably the reason, I heard they focus a fair bit on the UKCAT because there are soo many applicants with similar academic and work experience records! But I'm in a similar position- I got 9 A*'s and an A at GCSE, 5 A's at AS, a tonne of work experience, and I thought I had a pretty strong personal statement and reference! I got 655 in my UKCAT so I don't know! I'm really dissappointed actually :frown: I've emailed them for some feedback, but I don't actually know if they will reply :/
Original post by fionatomlinson
That's probably the reason, I heard they focus a fair bit on the UKCAT because there are soo many applicants with similar academic and work experience records! But I'm in a similar position- I got 9 A*'s and an A at GCSE, 5 A's at AS, a tonne of work experience, and I thought I had a pretty strong personal statement and reference! I got 655 in my UKCAT so I don't know! I'm really dissappointed actually :frown: I've emailed them for some feedback, but I don't actually know if they will reply :/

I emailed them yesterday as soon as I found out and this is what I got today

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We will be answering feedback requests in March or earlier if we have the opportunity.

Yours sincerely

Linda Harding

Mrs Linda Harding
Recruitment and Admissions Manager
The Medical School
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
Stopford Building
Oxford Road
Manchester, M13 9PT"

Reply 17
Just got rejected from manchester too! UKCAT: 655, GCSE 5A*'s, 4A's 3 Bs, AS was AAAB, B in biology and predicted A*AA for a level :frown: what was the email that you asked for feedback to?
I emailed them yesterday as soon as I found out and this is what I got today

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We will be answering feedback requests in March or earlier if we have the opportunity.

Yours sincerely

Linda Harding

Mrs Linda Harding
Recruitment and Admissions Manager
The Medical School
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
Stopford Building
Oxford Road
Manchester, M13 9PT"

That's so annoying! I wish they would tell you why when they tell you you've been unsuccessful -.-
Original post by Kev.1995
Just got rejected from manchester too! UKCAT: 655, GCSE 5A*'s, 4A's 3 Bs, AS was AAAB, B in biology and predicted A*AA for a level :frown: what was the email that you asked for feedback to?

This is the email I sent to the admission office yesterday

Dear Sir/Madame,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for the time you took to consider my application for Medicine (5-year MB ChB) course at your university. I was inevitably disappointed to hear that I was unsuccessful for the course. Nevertheless I would be eternally grateful if you could let me know what part of my application was not what you were looking for, so that if I re-apply I can make sure my application is what you are looking for. Once again thank you very much for considering my application and for reading this e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

My name
My UCAS personal ID

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending