The Student Room Group

Medicine 2013 rejection thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lastlullabyy
From where did you get second rejection?...

UCL
Reply 61
Original post by jinye
From where did your rejections came from?

And which offers did you get?

Rejections: HYMS and ICL

Offers: Barts and Keele

No worries.
Original post by jinye
UCL

Really? Already? Was it today?...
They still didn't send me anything... But considering my crappy BMAT score I'll also get rejected...
Reply 63
Original post by ViceVersa
Rejections: HYMS and ICL

Offers: Barts and Keele

No worries.

It is hard to not have worries...

Being rejected twice makes me seriously wonder if my application is anything good...

I got rejections with 45 IB points predicted, so it makes me wonder what was all that effort I put into the studies for, if it doesn't influence anything in the university's decision?

Damn, it is so frustrating!

Sorry I'm being so sentimentalist, but after a rejection I just needed to express myself...
Reply 64
Original post by lastlullabyy
Really? Already? Was it today?...
They still didn't send me anything... But considering my crappy BMAT score I'll also get rejected...

Yap, it was today.

Sincerely, **** the BMAT
Reply 65
Original post by jinye
Yap, it was today.

Sincerely, **** the BMAT

You have two more choices. And with such predictions, hard work and determination, I'm sure the last two will get back to you soon with good news. :^_^: if it helps, I felt really down today as well. Thinking, what's the point of putting so much effort and............ sigh to face failure. Such dreadful thoughts.

Stay positive people!!!! (Convincing myself at the same time..)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Meltingice
You have two more choices. And with such predictions, hard work and determination, I'm sure the last two will get back to you soon with good news. :^_^: if it helps, I felt really down today as well. Thinking, what's the point of putting so much effort and............ sigh to face failure. Such dreadful thoughts.

Stay positive people!!!! (Convincing myself at the same time..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought after being rejected by Cambridge. That effort and hard work, along with my predictions would lead me to a good notice from UCL. Nothing more than hopes. That is why I no longer believe in any miracle...

But thank you very much for the comforting words, and yes, we need to stay positive! Being depressed will not lead us to anywhere either... (even though it is so easier to say it than to actually do it)
Reply 67
Rejection from UCL today (says unsuccessful on track). Dream uni out of the window, *sighhh* .............:facepalm:
Reply 68
Original post by RainDrops*
Rejection from UCL today (says unsuccessful on track). Dream uni out of the window, *sighhh* .............:facepalm:

Sorry to hear that :-( I'm sure you'll still get an offer somewhere :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 69
hi guys, just wanted to ask a question- for cambridge medicine are my gcses ok? I got 6A*, 2As, abd 1B and I am taking some extra ones this year (not as retakes) with my AS levels- I know how important they are- i.e. the UMS averages aswell as BMAT.
I am a re-applicant. This time last year I had two interviews and I thought I was in a good position but I ended up getting four rejections. My classmate gave up hope after 3 straight rejections and then he got an interview and also an offer. The point is don't give up hope.
HYMS has sent out rejections just today FYI.
2 rejections;
Kings UCAS 665
ST George's GAMSAT average 50

I'm presuming Nottingham will also send a rejection when it comes around
As will Oxford, with 6.2/4/3.5A BMAT score...

Taking me out of the race.

Reply 73
Original post by Neeb-monkey
2 rejections;
Kings UCAS 665
ST George's GAMSAT average 50

I'm presuming Nottingham will also send a rejection when it comes around
As will Oxford, with 6.2/4/3.5A BMAT score...

Taking me out of the race.

you never know about nottingham! :smile: and sorry don't really know how the BMAT works..
when did you get your rejection from kings if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by amy37
you never know about nottingham! :smile: and sorry don't really know how the BMAT works..
when did you get your rejection from kings if you don't mind me asking?

Friday night, great start to the weekend :biggrin:

I recceived a HYMS rejection today :frown:

My grades:

Predicted grades: 4A*s
GCSE: 10A*s 2As
UKCAT: 725 average

Was there anything else I could've done?

EDIT: At least HYMS is my back-up and I haven't been rejected from UCL or ICL.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Derpy Hooves
I recceived a HYMS rejection today :frown:

My grades:

Predicted grades: 4A*s
GCSE: 10A*s 2As
UKCAT: 725 average

Was there anything else I could've done?

EDIT: At least HYMS is my back-up and I haven't been rejected from UCL or ICL.

I think HYMS figured out that they are only your back-up:biggrin: so became crossed with you:smile:

You still have 3 others to look forward to.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 77
Rejection from Oxford...ah well, didn't like it that much anyway xD
Reply 78
Hi everyone,
As someone who just got rejected from Oxford's Magdalen College, I want to share my misery with those who share the same faith with me. Please feel free to post about UKCAT and BMAT uni's, yet please don't belittle, disparage or denigrate the universities. I hope all of you the best of luck in the rest of your universities!:rolleyes:
Reply 79
Original post by RainDrops*

Aww.. rejections really hurt, I know I got 4 of them last year. Good luck on your other choices though. Do you mind me asking for your stats?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending