The Student Room Group

Bulgarian GCSE?

My mum is from Bulgaria so I've been brought up knowing English and Bulgarian fluently.
I thought that it'd be a good idea to have a GCSE in Bulgarian so that I have an extra GCSE in another language (which is always good) that many others won't have.
I don't think that it'd be much work for me as I don't need to learn verbs etc. because like in English you just know what sounds right and what doesn't - if you get my drift.
So I was wondering if anybody knew a website that I could go to, to find out more about where I could find out about coursework and the exam paper for the Bulgarian GCSE. A website with references about where to go to would be useful too.

I was thinking that maybe I could eventually do a Russian GCSE too because the alphabet is the same and many words are very similar or the same as Bulgarian.

I think that I've heard of Bulgarian GCSE's before but I have no idea how to do one, there are so many wacky GCSE's these days that I'm sure that there should be one.

Thanks (-:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by KatJackson

So I was wondering if anybody knew a website that I could go to, to find out more about where I could find out about coursework and the exam paper for the Bulgarian GCSE. A website with references about where to go to would be useful too.

I think that I've heard of Bulgarian GCSE's before but I have no idea how to do one, there are so many wacky GCSE's these days that I'm sure that there should be one.

Thanks (-:

You will have to do your own research if you want to find concrete answers. I performed a quick google search which led me to believe that Bulgarian is not currently offered as a GCSE subject, but Russian is in some schools or with certain exam boards.
Reply 2
Bumping to see if any progress has been made.
Reply 3
There isn't one. I've asked before.
Reply 4
A Level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending