The Student Room Group

Harvard Referencing Bible Quote

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me - I'm trying to quote the Bible in my assignment and I'm not quite sure how to reference it. This is what I've put:

”. It could be argued that these values stem from the history of nursing as the Bible states “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32 English Standard Version)."

Is this correct and how would I put the full reference?

Thanks in advance for any advice :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Soph.Jade
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me - I'm trying to quote the Bible in my assignment and I'm not quite sure how to reference it. This is what I've put:

”. It could be argued that these values stem from the history of nursing as the Bible states “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32 English Standard Version)."

Is this correct and how would I put the full reference?

Thanks in advance for any advice :smile:

http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm

specifically:

When you are quoting from a sacred text e.g. the Bible, the Torah or the Quran, the suggested elements for a citation are:

Name of religious text, Book. Sura or Chapter: Verse

An in-text reference for the Bible could look like this...

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" (The Bible, Genesis. 1:1)

Convention dictates that you do not use page numbers with religious texts

The required elements for a full reference are:
Full title, Year. Place of publication: Publisher.

The Bible: contemporary English version, 2000. London: Harper Collins.

For other sacred texts, it is important that you clearly identify the location of the text that you cite using the appropriate numbering system.
Reply 2
Original post by nb0
http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm

specifically:

When you are quoting from a sacred text e.g. the Bible, the Torah or the Quran, the suggested elements for a citation are:

Name of religious text, Book. Sura or Chapter: Verse

An in-text reference for the Bible could look like this...

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" (The Bible, Genesis. 1:1)

Convention dictates that you do not use page numbers with religious texts

The required elements for a full reference are:
Full title, Year. Place of publication: Publisher.

The Bible: contemporary English version, 2000. London: Harper Collins.

For other sacred texts, it is important that you clearly identify the location of the text that you cite using the appropriate numbering system.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending