The Student Room Group

Planning a written assignment

Using the timetable approach to assignment planning, you should firstly list all of the stages that you are going to need to complete for QUESTION 3 ONLY of the unit 4 assignment, from reading the assignment brief to producing a first draft, through to producing your final draft and submitting it for marking.

You then need to allocate each of the stages a suitable time frame for completion. The submission date for the essay is the deadline in your ILP and the start date is today. Ensure that you use actual dates within your assignment plan and not ‘week 1’, ‘week 2’ etc.

Once you have done this, you should enter all of the stages and their allocated time frame for completion into a timetable. For additional guidance, refer to the section about the timetable approach to assignment planning which is included in the study materials for this unit.

You must review question 3 of the unit 4 assignment brief and the relevant topics included in this part of the brief. These topics must be added to your assignment plan so that you know what you need to be reading/researching and when.

Where you include writing the first draft in your assignment plan, you need to break this down into the different sections/paragraphs that you will need to write for the essay following the recommended format in the study materials for the ‘Academic Writing Skills’ unit.

Each section/paragraph of the essay should be given an indicative number of words in your assignment plan. Remember to check the maximum number of words you are permitted for question 3 of the unit 4 assignment.

You can then review your timetable to ensure that your time scales are realistic and that you are going to be able to submit your assignment by the set deadline.
Original post by da_yetunde-o
Using the timetable approach to assignment planning, you should firstly list all of the stages that you are going to need to complete for QUESTION 3 ONLY of the unit 4 assignment, from reading the assignment brief to producing a first draft, through to producing your final draft and submitting it for marking.

You then need to allocate each of the stages a suitable time frame for completion. The submission date for the essay is the deadline in your ILP and the start date is today. Ensure that you use actual dates within your assignment plan and not ‘week 1’, ‘week 2’ etc.

Once you have done this, you should enter all of the stages and their allocated time frame for completion into a timetable. For additional guidance, refer to the section about the timetable approach to assignment planning which is included in the study materials for this unit.

You must review question 3 of the unit 4 assignment brief and the relevant topics included in this part of the brief. These topics must be added to your assignment plan so that you know what you need to be reading/researching and when.

Where you include writing the first draft in your assignment plan, you need to break this down into the different sections/paragraphs that you will need to write for the essay following the recommended format in the study materials for the ‘Academic Writing Skills’ unit.

Each section/paragraph of the essay should be given an indicative number of words in your assignment plan. Remember to check the maximum number of words you are permitted for question 3 of the unit 4 assignment.

You can then review your timetable to ensure that your time scales are realistic and that you are going to be able to submit your assignment by the set deadline.

Is this for an Access course?

All you have done is copied and pasted the assignment information. What specific question do you have?
Under TSR policy, we can't do your homework for you.
We also have no idea of what question 3 is about or what the unit brief is, so we have no idea on how to go about it.
If you don't know how to plan out your assignment, we would be able to help if you have specific questions. Otherwise, there is no way of us really helping.
Original post by MindMax2000
Is this for an Access course?

All you have done is copied and pasted the assignment information. What specific question do you have?
Under TSR policy, we can't do your homework for you.
We also have no idea of what question 3 is about or what the unit brief is, so we have no idea on how to go about it.
If you don't know how to plan out your assignment, we would be able to help if you have specific questions. Otherwise, there is no way of us really helping.

Thank you for your response and so sorry for quoting the question verbatim. I would like to connect with anyone who has recently started an access to nursing course this year as I have just started one with Stonebridge as I have fulltime work on other commitments. I have also been struggling with the Harvard style of referencing which is frustrating, it would be nice to connect with anyone on an Access to HE nursing course so we can encourage each other along.

Regarding my initial thread, I was wondering if I need to include other tasks of the day like school run, house hold chores into my assignment planning table or is just the steps towards achieving my assignments e.g. 1st reading, information gathering, first draft etc I hope you can understand my question and thank you in advance.
Original post by da_yetunde-o
Thank you for your response and so sorry for quoting the question verbatim. I would like to connect with anyone who has recently started an access to nursing course this year as I have just started one with Stonebridge as I have fulltime work on other commitments. I have also been struggling with the Harvard style of referencing which is frustrating, it would be nice to connect with anyone on an Access to HE nursing course so we can encourage each other along.

Regarding my initial thread, I was wondering if I need to include other tasks of the day like school run, house hold chores into my assignment planning table or is just the steps towards achieving my assignments e.g. 1st reading, information gathering, first draft etc I hope you can understand my question and thank you in advance.

I have done a science Access course, so I should be able to help in some areas.

Ues, you should include other tasks of the day like school runs and chores in your planning table. If you don't want to explicitly say what they are to protect your privacy, then you can be a bit vague about it or just say when you are available. The mark you can only get in this module is a Pass, so you don't need to go into depth about your life. The criteria for passing is also pretty basic. So long you meet the assessment criteria, you should be fine.

Harvard Referencing can be difficult to follow. Apparently, the rules for referencing websites, videos, and online sources can be a little inconsistent. I have used Harvard Referencing at university consistently, and my tutor can tell you to do something completely different in class. My only advice is to stick to the guidelines that they give you in class, even if they are wrong.
Otherwise, referencing journal articles and books tend to be pretty consistent. I would look at university level textbooks for examples of how they reference the material.
My go to book for academic writing is How to Write Great Essays by Peter Levin. It's definitely a recommended read once you get into university.
Reply 4
Many thanks for your help.
God bless you
Original post by MindMax2000
I have done a science Access course, so I should be able to help in some areas.

Ues, you should include other tasks of the day like school runs and chores in your planning table. If you don't want to explicitly say what they are to protect your privacy, then you can be a bit vague about it or just say when you are available. The mark you can only get in this module is a Pass, so you don't need to go into depth about your life. The criteria for passing is also pretty basic. So long you meet the assessment criteria, you should be fine.

Harvard Referencing can be difficult to follow. Apparently, the rules for referencing websites, videos, and online sources can be a little inconsistent. I have used Harvard Referencing at university consistently, and my tutor can tell you to do something completely different in class. My only advice is to stick to the guidelines that they give you in class, even if they are wrong.
Otherwise, referencing journal articles and books tend to be pretty consistent. I would look at university level textbooks for examples of how they reference the material. However, even creating reviews and descriptions was challenging for me. I often sought external assistance, but I don't consider it a mistake or anything of the sort. In my opinion, it's one of the few practical options. If you're interested, you can also turn to them here at https://assignmentbro.com/us/pay-for-homework . They've helped me numerous times, and I'm confident they'll assist you too, especially since it's quite straightforward for them. It might be useful for you as well.
My go to book for academic writing is How to Write Great Essays by Peter Levin. It's definitely a recommended read once you get into university.

It's hard to argue, I was formed on this literature in general. It's definitely worthy and necessary.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending