The Student Room Group

What is considered a useless degree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by bssjonny
All degrees can be useless if you then go into a career that does not require you to have a degree in that subject.
And obviously by the same logic no degree is useless if it is necessary for you to achieve what you want out of life.

Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A193
I think Criminology is very overrated imo.

I know loads of people doing Criminology, by the time they all graduate there will be more criminologists than there is crime LOL

I vote to agree with this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
Sport
Original post by notthegreatest
You obviously are too stupid to know what a hospital nurse does when she works with kids.

You are stupid I mean people that go to uni to do "childcare" nursing is a completely different

Read before quoting people!
Original post by sassy123
You are stupid I mean people that go to uni to do "childcare" nursing is a completely different

Read before quoting people!

Go get your self a brain... You obviously don't know the dangers of working with the vunerable.
Original post by notthegreatest
Go get your self a brain... You obviously don't know the dangers of working with the vunerable.

I don't get why you are upset with my comments ?
Original post by sassy123
I don't get why you are upset with my comments ?

I've worked in hospitals and you have nooooooooo idea when you say "who needs a degree for child care"... You have noooooo idea.
Original post by digbee
Sport

shut up
Erm
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't think any degree is useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Dance and abuse studies
-Golf management
-David Beckham
-Pop Music
-Harry Potter and Theology

(ALL = 100% legit)

Posted from TSR Mobile
A university education that is unable to teach you to be a thinking individual and a citizen in the truest sense of the word is a waste of 3/4 years. But that may often depend upon the effort one makes for his/her own intellectual development (reading and thinking independently) as opposed to one's degree choice.
Original post by jamsie555
it's a 3 year degree too! is there 3 years worth of work in studying vikings?

Yes there is. It's even a degree at Cambridge. They call it ASNAC.
Original post by Bobifier
I always think of a degree that trains you to do precisely one thing as being less good.

like Medicine?
I'd rather have a theology from Oxford than a business degree from a lower then top 30 university.
Reply 615
Original post by Zenomorph
I'd rather have a theology from Oxford than a business degree from a lower then top 30 university.

Don't you go to Sussex?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 616
I think there are a lot of degrees for specific jobs that don't actually help you get that job. Most of the top journalists don't have journalism degrees, a majority of pathologists and criminologists don't have criminology degrees, they have degrees in natural sciences and medicine.
Reply 617
A lot of people I know study psychology at university purely because they had nothing else. I'm not suggesting it's a useless degree, but it seems to be one where a lot of people just fall into.
Why don't schools warn us about our real employment prospects rather than letting us make the mistake of spending 3 years working hard only to struggle to get a decent career.

I don't know about your school but mine told me to go to uni and study whatever I enjoy most. Fortunately that is a vocational degree. What if I'd have said that I enjoy dancing (despite being a terrible dancer)?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
-Dance and abuse studies
-Golf management
-David Beckham
-Pop Music
-Harry Potter and Theology

(ALL = 100% legit)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good - so you can link through to the degrees that are available in all of those subjects :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending