The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology -17th January 2013 EXAM PREPARATION

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ollymurslove
Anyone else do the global development section? I cannot believe war and conflict was part of a 33 marker!

Yes I did! Barely anyone does global development! I thought the war and conflict question was really badly phrased so I did the poor countries one, I thought it was a decent question as you could bring anything in! How did you find the exam? Hope it went well for you :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by gcsestink
That's what I did too!

Hey, for the 33 marker about social change, i think i put new christian right instead of civil rights movement. It was in my head that American civil rights movement is the one for social change, but by mistake i put NCR! I put everything the american civill rights movement, but wrote down new christian right instead of crm!!!!!!!! FFS
will that mark me down ?
Original post by angel.iced<3
Yes I did! Barely anyone does global development! I thought the war and conflict question was really badly phrased so I did the poor countries one, I thought it was a decent question as you could bring anything in! How did you find the exam? Hope it went well for you :smile:

I did the poor countries one too! I just wrote about how dependency theorists agreed with it and how modernisation theorists believed they could stop beig poor :smile: I didn't have enough time though to write all of what I wanted to do :/
i thought the 18 mark was really nice too!
Original post by ruby_v
Who did the New Age question? And what did you write about? Also what grades are you expecting?

i did new age, hoping for an A i mainly talked about new age replacing religion, then talked about woodhead and heelas' study, then just criticised it all loads, what about you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 184
Original post by Hayley1311
The the 9 marker I messed up, I realised as soon as I walked out that I should have included the glass ceiling effect but I put about the owners being mainly men, journalists being middle class white men and general feminist theory - women homemakers etc

The 18 marker, I went through each group and included a sociologist/theory and explained, exampled it to society today and whats protrayed in the media and evaluated it. E.g. Cohen for youth and Moral Panic, Symbolic annhilation for Women.

I put domestic roles, ignored in the news when called for expert opinion and seen as sexual objects in magazines, don't know if it's right though haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by grace.lowe
i did new age, hoping for an A i mainly talked about new age replacing religion, then talked about woodhead and heelas' study, then just criticised it all loads, what about you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I spoke about woodhead and heelas and how it's become popular 80% of their participants are female blah. Criticised it with secularisation, postmodernists growing number of NRMS- people may opt for cults as they expect lower commitment. I don't think I did too welll. Did you retake any units for AS sociology?
Reply 186
Hey does anyone think that the grade boundaries are going to be lowered for the exam that we did for scly 3.... I was just thinking this because it did seem a bit difficult for most people who did it
Original post by Mo3
Hey does anyone think that the grade boundaries are going to be lowered for the exam that we did for scly 3.... I was just thinking this because it did seem a bit difficult for most people who did it

Hopefully! That would be so good I found it alright, but most of the people in my class thought it was solid :frown: I really hope so

Did anybody else find it really hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by farihaaah
Hopefully! That would be so good I found it alright, but most of the people in my class thought it was solid :frown: I really hope so

Did anybody else find it really hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lotttt of people in my class found it difficult.
Original post by s_axo
A lotttt of people in my class found it difficult.

LETS HOPE THEY SERIOUSLY DROP THE GRADE BOUNDARIES SUUUUUPER LOW AND ITS HAPPY DAYS FOR EVERYONE! x
How did everybody do?

I got 53 UMS, which is a C.

Majorly disappointed, need an A overall in sociology, got an A last year but only just. Looks like I'm resitting and I absolutely hate this module!!
Reply 191
Thought I should had an A, might get a remark I was only a few marks off !
I got an A which I'm quite surprised about actually. I was 3 marks off an A* Dx
Reply 193
I got a B was well suprised!
Reply 194
I got a B, just into the grade though :frown: only need a C in the summer though to get an overall B.
Reply 195
Yay got my A :biggrin:
Reply 196
Original post by s_axo
Yay got my A :biggrin:

i got A too! :smile: 80/80 UMS! :biggrin:
Reply 197
I got 74 UMS marks out of 80 which they put down as an A (Raw mark like 51/60). I tripped over on a bridge on the way to collecting my results from college, that is how much I was actually ****ting myself. but anywhore well done to others who got their A's,B's, and C's hope you are all proud of yourselfs
I was SO shocked that I got a B :biggrin: considering I thought I failed Unit 3, and thought the highest would of been a D or E. So happy! Hope everyone got the results they wanted.
Reply 199
Right revising for this paper in June. Any give me tips as to what to rule out from coming up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending