The Student Room Group

Independent research project (Not undergrad dissertation or PhD)

Hi there :smile:

Someone back home is wanting me to do a research project for/with them. I'm completely lost as to how to go about this. Help anyone?

This is all very vague I know, but basically I am able to test consenting participants, do a write up, etc. Surely to do this legitimately and have a chance of it being published, I would have to do this through university, right?

Do I just approach my tutor or a head of faculty and say "I want to do some ungraded research by myself" ? I'd then need ethical approval from the university I presume? Would I have to present it as a PhD idea?

Just for more detail, I do psychology undergraduate and someone I volunteered with has approached me r.e. research directions. This person runs a CBT/NLP based service. I'd have to explore what services they are tied to which might help with ethics approval etc.. am feeling very lost and naive about this! Any help?
Reply 1
I'm guessing surely I can do a descriptive/review project for them of some sorts by myself? Not sure if they meant something testing people or just collating what is out there. Nothing majorly ambitious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending