The Student Room Group

PhD applications

I kind of just need general advice on applying for PhDs, especially funding apps and interviews:

I work at a university at the moment after finishing my Masters and have applied here with one of my masters professors as a supervisor- I had an interview for the UBEL funding last week but tbh I don't think it went that well and they kinda thought my proposed research didn't align with their aims enough.

Is it feasible to keep trying to apply to get my project funded (luckily I have my supervisor backing and supporting me) or should I just give up and start looking for studentships on pre-funded projects and applying to those?I would really love to get this research funded and do it for my phd because its mine and I'm passionate about the topic.

Also what kind of questions are typical for PhD interviews?? I'm super nervous about them and wasn't too sure how to prepare.

Also I don't have the most research experience which worries me- I did this research experience scheme as an undergrad where I helped data collect for a phd student, but apart from that I only have my bachelors & masters dissertation projects (and masters was secondary data). I am starting a piece of research now at work with a lecturer in my department but I haven't actually started that one yet :/

Do you think my experience is too limited to successfully be accepted for a PhD?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending