The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lewdude
I really don't know what to expect - I was really sick when I took that paper, I'm pretty sure that I must have given my examiner flu. Apart from me being ill, I found the end of the reading hardest - writing was a breeze IMO :smile:

Oh, and that's pretty harsh to be sick when taking your exams, too bad, and it'd be pretty funny if you did give the examiner the flu. Yeah the reading was really hard for me,, and the writing was just alright, but mainly because i'm alright at writing anyway :smile:
For Question 5, I wrote that my birthday is my favourite time of the year. Would I actually get any marks for that? I was so unsure of that.

I am so scared of results day now :frown:
Original post by chococup123
For Question 5, I wrote that my birthday is my favourite time of the year. Would I actually get any marks for that? I was so unsure of that.

I am so scared of results day now :frown:

Don't worry that is fine.

Also everyone post back here if you could please, I want to compare my failure to your success :smile:. I did that bad.
expecting a terrible mark :frown: lost my head in the exam and wrote the first thing that came into my head. Also ran out of time!
We get the marks tomorrow or on the 7th?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 184
Original post by cleveradam
expecting a terrible mark :frown: lost my head in the exam and wrote the first thing that came into my head. Also ran out of time!
We get the marks tomorrow or on the 7th?

Results March 7th. No grades or UMS just raw marks. Good luck everybody :wink:
Reply 185
Original post by Prof Dumbledore
Oh, and that's pretty harsh to be sick when taking your exams, too bad, and it'd be pretty funny if you did give the examiner the flu. Yeah the reading was really hard for me,, and the writing was just alright, but mainly because i'm alright at writing anyway :smile:

We'll see how it goes, as I say - there's always the resit! Lets hope the examiners have been nice this year :smile:
Original post by lewdude
We'll see how it goes, as I say - there's always the resit! Lets hope the examiners have been nice this year :smile:

Yeahm and hopefully it'll go well enough, and yeah there is a resit, but i don't really want to take english language again, it's annoying enough for me doing it once, haha, but if everything goes crazy i'll probably take it. Yeah haha, that they were in a happy mood when marking :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by Prof Dumbledore
Yeahm and hopefully it'll go well enough, and yeah there is a resit, but i don't really want to take english language again, it's annoying enough for me doing it once, haha, but if everything goes crazy i'll probably take it. Yeah haha, that they were in a happy mood when marking :smile:

Are we getting the results 2maro morning or afternoon?
Original post by ubi1
Are we getting the results 2maro morning or afternoon?

Well I think it depends on your school, but I'm getting them in the morning so I presume unless the school decides to withhold the results until the afternoon then you should get them in the morning. Good luck! :smile:
Does the school have to give our results tomorrow? Cause apparently we aren't getting them until Monday when the official result day is tomorrow :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
dreading it...
Reply 191
Original post by ThatGirlx
Does the school have to give our results tomorrow? Cause apparently we aren't getting them until Monday when the official result day is tomorrow :frown:

It depends on the school, I think. Your school will already have the results, but you might not be given them today (if they have to sort them into envelopes or something).
At my school, we get our results on Friday, but we can ask our English teachers if we're desperate today :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone do?

I got 66/80, which I'm okay with, but I think I did better than that, particulary in the reading section.

Our school generally didn't do well. I'm in the top set an our teacher said that only three/four people in our class can get away without doing a resit. If we follow the grade boundaries from June 2012, mot people would have got a B/C. Only one person in our class got more than 70 raw marks.

Because we don't know where the grade boundaries will lie, I'm unsure whether I should resit it or not. Last June, 61/80 was required for an A*, but the grade boundaries may go up this year. I'm worried that my Speaking & Listening will drag my exam and the rest of my coursework down. Hmmm.
I got 73 in the mock and 59 in real exam #WTF
I got 50 -.- wtfffff
In my school everyone F----ked up so badly that we might not even get the results. (don't know why...) makes no sense.
What the hell are AQA doing with the marking and boundaries!!!?
Can't even be happy about my other subject results because of this pitiful exam.
Reply 196
I got 55/80 in the exam... (but I was predicted an A*)
I'm ok with my result, and my teacher says it should be an A (a v. low A, though).
I think I'm tempted to do a resit :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 197
Pridictions of what 51 will be, please?

Just scraped a 63/80, but still very happy considering I got a 47 the first time I did it.
I got 56/80 which is alright...
I think if that should be an A like what people have said then i'm happy with it.
Although surprisingly many people in my school did very badly, which is weird since they all got about 60+ in their mocks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending