The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by ryanb97
that is 70 + 42 + 75 = 187

that scrapes a C where 180 is the boundary

i would retake a few C/A just in case the boundaries increases... as i fear they may

hope that helps

ryan

are the grade grade boundires gong to change if so what is the worst case scenario?
Reply 301
Ok I got 55/80 for the exam, and 79/80 for controlled assessments including speaking and listening I think, could I possibly get an A*?
Original post by YazzyH
Ok I got 55/80 for the exam, and 79/80 for controlled assessments including speaking and listening I think, could I possibly get an A*?

You can't include the speaking and listening under the 79/80- there only for the written controlled assessments
What did you get without speaking and listenings added?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Can someone let me know how to work out ums from marks .. Thanks

Reply 304
Original post by ThatGirlx
You can't include the speaking and listening under the 79/80- there only for the written controlled assessments
What did you get without speaking and listenings added?

I got 15/15 for one and 14/15 for another. We haven't done the third...
Reply 305
What do you lot mean perceptive points....my English teacher is hopeless....she hasn't taught u any of this
Reply 306
Original post by YazzyH
I got 15/15 for one and 14/15 for another. We haven't done the third...

you cant have got that

you do 2 wriiten tests... both out of 10
then you get a seperate mark for SPaG which is out of 10

which adds to 30
Reply 307
Original post by i7862013
are the grade grade boundires gong to change if so what is the worst case scenario?

as a very extreme case i think tey may go up by about 3/4 raw marks.. which isnt too much i guess

unless they end up reaching for the skies and increase it by about 8 marks...which is stupid lol

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
you cant have got that

you do 2 wriiten tests... both out of 10
then you get a seperate mark for SPaG which is out of 10

which adds to 30

They can have attained marks out of 15. Candidates following the English Language and Literature pathway get awarded marks like you have said. They, however, get marks out of 15.

Also, the candidate could be referring to Speaking and Listening as they mention that they haven't done a "third."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 309
Original post by kingaaran
They can have attained marks out of 15. Candidates following the English Language and Literature pathway get awarded marks like you have said. They, however, get marks out of 15.

Also, the candidate could be referring to Speaking and Listening as they mention that they haven't done a "third."

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok my bad...

so its english language that have the 3 separate marks
and normal english that have the 2 separate marks

interesting...

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
oh ok my bad...

so its english language that have the 3 separate marks
and normal english that have the 2 separate marks

interesting...

ryan

Yes, they also get a mark for SPaG, but this out of 15.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311
Have we forgotten that we have to use last year's boundaries as they come out on results day (22nd) They might be leaked on the 21st though. I'm expecting a rise of +3 to 64 (My whole school use this prediction for a A* in the exam).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending