The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Hello, does anyone have any experience of first rounds at No 5 or 30 Park Place? Not sure what to expect.

Thanks!
Original post by audreythesmall
Hello, does anyone have any experience of first rounds at No 5 or 30 Park Place? Not sure what to expect.

Thanks!

Although I haven't had experience of one at No 5 before, I think we're just meant to expect a general chat about our application, etc. They're not asking us to come early to prep anything so I'm assuming it's going to be ok...

Has anyone any experience of Sovereign interviews and care to shed some light on what's required for the 'intellectual panel'. All I know is that we don't need to be revising our law notes for it....???

Help, anyone? :smile:
Original post by FamilyPupil
does anyone have experience of interviews at 4kbw (Timothy Raggatt)? Any info would.be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

anyone? :-) they've given no clues and I believe it's a single round!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1983
Anyone heard back after the interview at Guildford chambers?
Original post by audreythesmall

Thanks!

No 5 last year was, from recollection, all CV and competency based questions. The fact I struggle to remember specific questions suggests no legal/ethical/debating problems were asked.

That does not mean the format will not have changed.

I seem to recall a previous poster commenting on the sea of interviewees in the waiting room. Don't be put off. They had several panels (three barristers on each).
Thanks all! Also, has anyone any experience of St Ives interviews?
Does anyone have experience of 187 Fleet Street interviews?
Original post by SevenAteNine
Sorry to sound a novice, but what do you mean 'competency-based' questions? Does that mean how competent you are for the role?

Does anyone know how many or an estimate of how many people No5 interview first round?

Thanks! :smile:

They interview - no joke - about 100
Original post by tnedutS waL
Best of luck to everyone else receiving BPTC results tomorrow!
Let the stomach-flipping, nail-biting final night of result purgatory begin...

Got mine today. Well. The pass lists came out, I unfortunately wasn't on it. Have to wait until tomorrow to find out what has gone wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1989
I can't find my "unique Pupillage Gateway reference number" anywhere on my account and I need it to submit something to Nine St John Street - can anyone help???
Reply 1990
Original post by SevenAteNine
The only think of is when you click to view the application you submitted to them via PG, in the address bar it says like:

https://applications.pupillagegateway.com/vacancy_applications/preview_application/[number]

Perhaps it is the [number] that you need? I guess copy-paste it from there?

Hmm, possibly. Thanks! I might have to go with that!
Reply 1991
Has anyone heard anything from Littleton post assessed mini? Or have any idea when they might get back to us?

Thanks!
First round invites to Crown Office Row Chambers out yesterday. Good luck to all expecting BPTC results.
Original post by losinghope
Anybody had any experience of interviews at 3PB London? Found out yesterday I have a first round interview on Saturday! Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Lots. It's a relaxed half an hour chat, nothing to stress over.
Reply 1994
Original post by Archboldisbig
First round invites to Crown Office Row Chambers out yesterday. Good luck to all expecting BPTC results.

Did you find out by e-mail or post?
Anyone heard anything from 3PB Oxford, following the changes on Gateway? I've had nowt.
Where have people been successful in eliciting interview feedback from? None of those I contacted asking for feedback have responded. Whilst I think I know what the problems were, I would like to hear it from them!

Good luck to anyone who is getting results. You're very lucky, we won't get ours for another 10 days ish. I'm praying they serve to cheer me up about my prospects!
Original post by GreenMatt
Anyone heard anything from 3PB Oxford, following the changes on Gateway? I've had nowt.

Same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExBurpi
Did you find out by e-mail or post?

By email about mid afternoon. It was a personal email and they interview about 35-40 people, so they may well be sending out in batches. Interviews are next week; mon, tues,wed in the afternoon. I hope that's helpful.
Has anyone heard from 2 Bedford Row post first round interview? Or know when we might be likely to hear? I don't think they said in my interview. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending