The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

2022 DPhil Information, Communication, and the Social Sciences

Haven't spotted a thread for this programme at the Oxford Internet Institute yet, any other prospies around? Curious to know timelines for any offerholders/still hopefuls. Thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ace65325
Haven't spotted a thread for this programme at the Oxford Internet Institute yet, any other prospies around? Curious to know timelines for any offerholders/still hopefuls. Thanks!

Hello. I applied by the January deadline for the full-time programme. Haven't had an interview invitation yet. Are you applying for the full-time or part-time programme? Have you received an interview invitation yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Hello! Full time also. And nope, nothing yet.
Hello! Full time also. And nope, nothing yet.

All right. Let's keep in touch. I will update you if I received anything! Good luck on your application! Best wishes!
Reply 4
Original post by mcgivermchvbg
All right. Let's keep in touch. I will update you if I received anything! Good luck on your application! Best wishes!

Likewise! And yes please keep me posted on when you’re shortlisted :smile:
Hey folks, also applied for the same program for the same cohort! Best of luck to us. Still waiting on interview emails too :smile:
Original post by DoctorWho2022
Hey folks, also applied for the same program for the same cohort! Best of luck to us. Still waiting on interview emails too :smile:

Hello there! Yes, it is already the sixth week and still no interviews. If something's going to happen (like an interview) it should happen this week. Haha
Reply 7
Good luck guys, yes, should any of us be shortlisted, we will know this week.
Reply 8
any word yet gang?
Reply 9
I have also gone completely crazy with the anticipation. I think I've gotten down to 25 second intervals between hitting inbox refresh. This is torture. No clue on what could be causing any possible delays.
Hello folks. Just want to let you know that someone from the other Student Room thread shared that he/she was invited for interview for the part-time DPhil in Social Data Science. Folks, I am losing hope. I am already expecting a rejection. Interviews were being sent out and nothing on my end.
You know folks, I emailed the OII before (last week) to ask if all interview invitations were already sent. They did not reply. Heck, they didn't even open my email message.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
I just received an email asking me to participate in a feedback survey on my experience as an applicant. First message from Ox since I applied, nearly fell off my chair thinking it was an interview invite (it wasn’t). They’ve got a sick sense of humor at this point lol. Hahaha
I just received an email asking me to participate in a feedback survey on my experience as an applicant. First message from Ox since I applied, nearly fell off my chair thinking it was an interview invite (it wasn’t). They’ve got a sick sense of humor at this point lol. Hahaha

Received the same email too! Had the same feeling because of the word "invitation"!

Let's just hope it's a good sign, folks.

Thankfully I read the word 'survey' first but had the exact same thoughts about their sense of humour. 😥
I took the survey to look for clues and the first page said that our answers wouldn't have any bearing on our assessments so I'm assuming receiving the survey invite doesn't necessarily indicate anything has been finalized.
I applied part time DPhil ICSs, no word at all. Besides the part time SDS in the other thread, has anyone been offered an interview?
Reply 16
Original post by Confusiongalore
I applied part time DPhil ICSs, no word at all. Besides the part time SDS in the other thread, has anyone been offered an interview?

Hello, full time dphil in ICSS here, and no word yet. Based on a thread I saw from 2021, applicants were being invited to interviews as late as the last week of Feb, so I'm thinking the 3-6 week timeline post submission date may be bogus.
Full time ICSS also here, no reply
Hello, full time dphil in ICSS here, and no word yet. Based on a thread I saw from 2021, applicants were being invited to interviews as late as the last week of Feb, so I'm thinking the 3-6 week timeline post submission date may be bogus.

Yes but I think the deadline was 22 January last year.
Original post by doasarmad
Yes but I think the deadline was 22 January last year.

Yes, the deadline last year was 22 January 2021.

A few days ago, I already accepted that I am going to be rejected. My proposal sucks anyway. I just hope they send me the rejection email ASAP so I can move on with my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending