The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vnupe
The BSB have just emailed that there will be an extension to the extension... now the cutoff date is 5:00 pm 9th May 2013... and the saga and struggle continues baby barristers... to be that is...

Same procedure as every year, it would appear. Why the Bar Standards Board (in conjunction with the Bar Council) has not been able to design a user-friendly system - that is also backed up by the necessary server capacity - that delivers on time is a quandary that is somewhat beyond me! I don't envy applicants or chambers that have to re-adjust their plans thanks to this whole rigmarole.

It might be worth considering having an application window of 2-3 months (rather than the current four weeks). Basically, from 1 February to 30 April - and then shut it on time! Can't see any reason why this cannot be done...if someone here is in the know, I'd be happy to be corrected to the contrary!
Reply 381
Original post by FamilyPupil
That's what I thought! It was the same back in 2009 too. Then apparently it's about 100 to final interviews. I guess it depends how many people have applied, and what the standard is like....they might sift a lot of people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked at the written test last year and they had 150 people at that stage and then whittled it down to 40-50 for the final stage.
Original post by Bar2B
I asked at the written test last year and they had 150 people at that stage and then whittled it down to 40-50 for the final stage.

Oh ok, that's less than I waa told. Have you applied this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Oh ok, that's less than I waa told. Have you applied this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, got through all the online tests so my fingers are firmly crossed.
Reply 384
And the mini-bombshells keep coming... the BSB have just emailed that Guildhall is no longer offering a Criminal Pupillage for 2014, though it is still offering pupillage for its Employment Team... which will be the next domino to fall and when... stay tuned...
Hi both

They sent out invites to a second round of interviews

Hope this helps

Original post by Jessica88
Nope not yet ������
Reply 386
Original post by vnupe
And the mini-bombshells keep coming... the BSB have just emailed that Guildhall is no longer offering a Criminal Pupillage for 2014, though it is still offering pupillage for its Employment Team... which will be the next domino to fall and when... stay tuned...

The reason for this is because their current pupil has had to defer the remainder of their pupillage due to illness requiring surgery, and thus will continue in September whereas normally a new pupil would have started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Original post by hazelnut1
The reason for this is because their current pupil has had to defer the remainder of their pupillage due to illness requiring surgery, and thus will continue in September whereas normally a new pupil would have started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info... that should help ease the minds of many of the people that applied to them in the hopes of a chance at a criminal pupillage
Reply 388
and relax. breathes sigh of relief mixed with annoyance at the ridiculousness of the process
Reply 389
Has anyone heard from 18SJS since the e-mail on 17th April?
Reply 390
CPS invitations to Legal Case Study are out.

The contents of the email are very minimal; does anyone know what the case study actually involves?
Reply 391
Hey All,

Last year's version of this thread provided much needed support throughout the process and I'd like to give a bit back if I can. I'll be starting pupillage with a criminal set in London this September.

Having been through the process two years in a row, I had my fair share of interviews and picked up many tips along the way. Knowing what to expect in first rounds (as they can be so different) really helped.

Sets sometimes mix it up from year to year, but in my experience most stay the same. I can help with any of the following:

2012: 1 Crown Office Row (Brighton), 2 Hare Court, 2 Pump Court, 23 Essex Street, 25 Bedford Row, 4 Breams Buildings, 4KBW (Lawrence Power), 5 St Andrews Hill, 9-12 Bell Yard, Carmelite, Charter, Criminal Defence Sols, Furnival, Lamb Buildings.

2011: 2 Hare Court, 23 Essex Street, One Paper Buildings, Furnival, David Phillips & Partners Solicitors, Atkinson Bevan (2 Harcourt).

Good luck!
Original post by LEM20
CPS invitations to Legal Case Study are out.

The contents of the email are very minimal; does anyone know what the case study actually involves?

In the email it says to confirm your attendance by email to the Legal Trainee Scheme. However, if you log on to the civil service job site it says to schedule your assessment by clicking on a link that doesn't exist! Is this the same for you?

What date is you assessment centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the email it says to confirm your attendance by email to the Legal Trainee Scheme. However, if you log on to the civil service job site it says to schedule your assessment by clicking on a link that doesn't exist! Is this the same for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never mind! Got a confirmation email from Sarah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine says the same! I also received a confirmation email from Sarah, though. My assessment centre is on 21st May at BPP Law School. When is yours?
Original post by LEM20
Mine says the same! I also received a confirmation email from Sarah, though. My assessment centre is on 21st May at BPP Law School. When is yours?

Mine is on the 21st too. At 2pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any experience of what the Case Study assessment actually entails?

Thanks
Anyone else starting to jump every time they get an email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulu_dudette
Anyone else starting to jump every time they get an email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! Got a confirmation email from Garden Court and the heart beat definitely increased, even though it was the day after deadline closed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes! Got a confirmation email from Garden Court and the heart beat definitely increased, even though it was the day after deadline closed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did exactly the same. There was also a very sharp intake of breath!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending