The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crimeambitions
No phone call for me.... Fingers crossed they're doing them in batches, otherwise it's rejection number 3....

I think it's just one woman making the calls, so it could be that she just hasn't got round to calling everyone yet :smile: keep faith - it was my first (and much needed) positive response after 2 rejections
Original post by Weatherwax
I think it's just one woman making the calls, so it could be that she just hasn't got round to calling everyone yet :smile: keep faith - it was my first (and much needed) positive response after 2 rejections

Praying its batches. I'm up to 4 rejections now and could do with some good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Weatherwax

I hope so! Just had another unrelated call, and I nearly had a heart attack thinking it was 9-12BY!
Congrats :smile:
I haven't had ANY responses yet apart from Thomas more ages ago. Getting very impatient!

Anyone had any news from st Philips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Original post by FamilyPupil
I haven't had ANY responses yet apart from Thomas more ages ago. Getting very impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Word on the TSR street says 10th June.
Original post by JPGR

I thought No5 was 10th. Aaarrrrggggghhhh this is driving me mental!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPGR

No, I'm pretty sure No.5 is the 10th and St Philips was meant to be today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
No, I'm pretty sure No.5 is the 10th and St Philips was meant to be today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes correct, no.5 - 10th June at the latest, St Phillips today.
Reply 788
yup, st phils today - does not having heard mean the inevitable or just lateness I wonder?
Reply 789

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been "Under Consideration' by Thomas More for at least two weeks now, but no further progress...
St Philips invites out

Zenith interviews out

:-)
Reply 791
How did St Phils notify you?
Original post by Allshallbewell
St Philips invites out

Zenith interviews out

:-)

How did st Philips contact you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did st Philips contact you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

By email with an attachment of directions to the email.
Reply 794
Original post by SIE2013
Thanks a lot, much appreciated :smile: I was just worried, that when being asked a question, it may look unprofessional if I keep looking at my notes every now and then to have a look at my notes for answers.

Ok, now that you have provided more context, perhaps it would be best to bullet point your argument (suggesting no more than three), which should be easy to remember/identify, if memorization causes you consternation... And then expand on them when asked/probed at interview.

This will enable you to:
1. headline your arguments (showing the necessary brevity/focus)
2. to expand on those "headlines"
3. demonstrate your analytical acumen and mastery of the subject matter
Original post by SIE2013
I was just wondering, whether anybody could perhaps give me a bit of advice. I have an interview coming up (my first pupillage interview) where I am due to be given a legal problem, 10 minutes before the interview and then to be asked about it during the interview. Would it be advisable to take a pen and paper and write down notes during my ten minutes of preparation, to take into the interview with me? Or would it be advisable for me to just memorise my points and the legal problem?

Any help is much appreciated thank you all :smile:

I would say definitely make notes. Obviously it is a question of what you find most helpful, but if you feel you would like to make notes, I wouldn't be afraid to. I am not an expert at all, these will be my first interviews too, but I plan to make and use notes in my prep time. If you think about it, barristers almost always use notes in court, it's certainly not cheating, Of course you don't want to be glued to your paper, but I am sure you know that!

One v good piece of advice i have read about using notes in interviews is to bear in mind that if you put them on the table, the interviewers may well be able to see them... So, it's best if they are not too scribbly, cramped and covered in doodles. And if you lay them out nicely with numbered points and sub-headings perhaps you get bonus points! That's what I'm hoping at least..
Original post by Allshallbewell
By email with an attachment of directions to the email.

Congratulations........... Hoping for batches!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797
Original post by lulu_dudette

Posted from TSR Mobile

Likewise, though instinct tells me not. I actually thought that was my best application. Oh well :frown:
Original post by lulu_dudette

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Last year it was by post though so the email came as a bit of a surprise.
Has anyone heard from Bankhouse Chambers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending