The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Has anyone got experience of 11 South Square first round interviews?
Has anyone done a Devereux first round before?
Reply 1582
Sorry to ask a rather dense question but does anyone have an idea as to whether there is a 'final date' (so to speak) by which Chambers are required to respond by? Or could this waiting game continue into July? Applications disappearing off into 'unsuccessful', without an email notification, is a horrid outcome to be faced with but this consistant state of 'applied' (and therefore not knowing either way) is, I am sure, taking years off my life! (Who says legal artisitic types exaggerate!?!)

Congrats to all with interviews thus far :smile:
Reply 1583
I've also heard nothing from 36BR.

I have interview with Guildford Chambers next wk. Does anyone have experience of interviewing with them?
Original post by Lavin1a
Sorry to ask a rather dense question but does anyone have an idea as to whether there is a 'final date' (so to speak) by which Chambers are required to respond by? Or could this waiting game continue into July?

Just looked at the applicant and providers' timetables on PG, and there doesn't seem to be any obligation to reject people by a certain date :frown:
Original post by wannabebarista
I applied to both 42 BR and 13 KBW and have heard nothing either, so I wouldn't panic just yet.

13KBW only have one round of interviews, so we may never know.
Reply 1586
Original post by mikeymikeyb
13KBW only have one round of interviews, so we may never know.

I didn't get a 13 KBW invite until 12 July last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's even later this year.
[QUOTE="Advocatus;43275544"]Has anyone heard anything from Sovereign Chambers in Leeds? I know the form said that if we hadn't heard by now assume rejection but I haven't heard of anyone being offered an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

I got an interview with them about a week and a bit ago.They sent out an email. Might not mean anything - but just thought I'd let you know.
Reply 1588
Also had nothing from 36 Bedford Row - they're usually quite late, though.

Anyone heard yet from:

QEB (family)
1 Pump Court
3 PB (London/Oxford)
14 Gray's Inn Square?

Thanks
S
Still nothing from:

3PB Oxford
42 Bedford Row
13 KBW

I also haven't heard from Old Square, but others seem to have, so I think that's a rejection by silence.
Original post by JPGR
But it's dependent on how all the 1st round ones go. Just wondering whether anybody has heard if they've decided to run a 2nd round this year.

I haven't heard anything since the first round interview. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Satis
Also had nothing from 36 Bedford Row - they're usually quite late, though.

Anyone heard yet from:

QEB (family)
1 Pump Court
3 PB (London/Oxford)
14 Gray's Inn Square?

Thanks
S

I'm still quiet on 3PB and 1PC as well.
Reply 1592
I'm still waiting to hear on 8 PG apps. But no-one else seems to have heard from the following:

- St John's
- 3PB Oxford
- Albion
- Guildhall
- 30 Park Place
- 9 St Johns Street
- New Court
- QEB (family)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1593
Original post by Els523
I'm still waiting to hear on 8 PG apps. But no-one else seems to have heard from the following:

- St John's
- 3PB Oxford
- Albion
- Guildhall
- 30 Park Place
- 9 St Johns Street
- New Court
- QEB (family)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I saw somewhere on the thread that interviews went out a while ago for New Court but I am happy to be corrected! havent heard from 9sjs either
Reply 1594
Anyone with any experience of an interview at 23 Essex Street? Any information would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 1595
Original post by Advocatus
I haven't heard anything since the first round interview. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And vice versa if I hear!
Original post by ht123
I think I saw somewhere on the thread that interviews went out a while ago for New Court but I am happy to be corrected! havent heard from 9sjs either

Pretty sure they haven't contacted anyone yet but that's only because I applied there too and have been refreshing TSR frequently!

Anyone with experience of a 29 Bedford Row interview?
Reply 1597
Anyone with any experience of an interview at 23 Essex Street? Any information would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 1598
Original post by morelaw

I interviewed 2011 and 2012 - the interviews differed greatly so don't rely 100% on this advice as they may change again.

2011 I had the head of pupillage interviewing - very short general interview - just cv based with a little re future of the criminal bar.

Last year, I went in expecting the same and instead had a quick general chat then an ethics problem question re indecent images and the line between photos and 'art' (asked about possible defences etc). I know from friends that there were three or four different questions in rotation.
Reply 1599
Original post by Els523

- St John's
- 3PB Oxford
- Albion
- Guildhall
- 30 Park Place
- 9 St Johns Street
- New Court
- QEB (family)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe some people heard from St John's (Bristol) on Friday, invitations to interview.
Don't think Guildhall have cropped up on the thread yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending