The Student Room Group

I have the weirdest housemate

Scroll to see replies

He sounds like a silent psycho
The world is full of different people. Just give him his space and treat him with respect and kindness. :smile:
my friends dad wouldn't sleep for more than an hour because he was convinced if you feel into a deep sleep you dont wake up... just a weird quirk because he was the nicest guy

as mentioned before he is probably quite up there on the autism spectrum by the sounds of it, my mam has aspergers and although each person with aspergers is different he doesn't fit the typical symptoms he sound higher than that on the scale, im pretty sure he doesn't act like that on purpose - its hard to change your personality especially if you have a social learning difficulty

cut the guy some slack
Cut him some slack. He's just doing what the voices told him to do.
Reply 24
Sounds like he's on the high end of the Aspergers scale. I guess try to include him more with what you do, if he still doesn't want to be apart of it then leave him alone. Although you may want to tackle him about the toilet paper issue (I assume you all chip in for toilet paper? It's just wasteful, especially to leave it there for someone else to flush :s-smilie:)
Being a sister of someone with mild Asperger's syndrome I recognise (vaguely) some of his behaviours and I would suggest that he has Asperger's but a case much higher on the spectrum than my brother.
You could have a discussion with him, he may not reply but he may take in what you are saying?
Reply 26
Where did you find this person?

Put them back where you found them and walk away.
Reply 27
Going to resurrect my old thread:

The bathroom issue mentioned before (where the guy simply does his business and then uses a ton of toiletpaper and doesn´t flush) just keeps happening again and again. As he clearly does not wish to talk to anyone about anything, I have decided to use a creative solution.

I was thinking of putting the following poem up on the bathroom wall:

Some may say your WC paper uses is impressive
I just think its rather excessive

You use too much in one go
Then leave without letting the water flow

When I see what you did I am totally shocked
I try and flush, but the toilet becomes blocked

I know this message might make you blush
But when you finish, just give it a flush

I hope this poem betters your ways
I wish you luck, have a nice day!

Quick Reply