The Student Room Group

What is shared student accommodation actually like

Hi, guys I've recently applied for uni, and I'm wondering whether going into a studio apartment or communal shared accommodation, the main fear I have the shared is that I will buy stuff like maybe a weeks shopping and have someone take without asking and me basically wasting money, I would go into studio because I like my indepence but the ones in the area of the uni are on rough streets.
Reply 1
First year go into shared, it’s always 50/50 whether you get on with housemates or not. Without doing it once you’ll be missing out on potential friendships and general knowledge of what they are like in a living situation in case you want housemates next year. University is incredibly isolating and lonely for the vast majority in the first year. A studio is not the way. I got lucky with my housemates and I’ve never had any issues with people taking things nor have any of my friends in there houses: I wouldn’t put that too highly on your list of worries.
Original post by Egeddion
First year go into shared, it’s always 50/50 whether you get on with housemates or not. Without doing it once you’ll be missing out on potential friendships and general knowledge of what they are like in a living situation in case you want housemates next year. University is incredibly isolating and lonely for the vast majority in the first year. A studio is not the way. I got lucky with my housemates and I’ve never had any issues with people taking things nor have any of my friends in there houses: I wouldn’t put that too highly on your list of worries.

What if your not really bothered with mixing with people and just wanna get a degree and go
Reply 3
Then get a studio and be a loner ! You seem to have made your own mind up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending