The Student Room Group

Sick of being single

I am aware you, the reader, have probably heard loads of these stories but I feel like I may feel better of I get it off my chest and some advice (hopefully). Basically I've never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl but it never bothered me at all however and my friends at home have had girlfriends for a while and I was ok with it but my best mate recently for one and all they talk about their relationship s now and as one of 2 single people out of 8 of my close friends it's so irritating. I've always had confidence issues with talking to women and I'm not into the idea of pulling in a club I would much rather be in a meaningful relationship with a girl I really like than some random one night stand. There is a girl I really like but I'm not sure she likes me and the whole thing is really getting me down. Any advice?
Reply 1
Join the club. :beer:
Reply 2
Why don't you just talk to this girl you like, so cliched but honestly what is the worst she will say to January sale shopping? To like this girl you must of had some sort of memories with her, just bring up the old times, ask her hows friends going, hows family treating you, work, uni ect.

Everyone has self esteem issues, why you think so many guys feel the need to follow trends and so many girls wear make up? to keep up with being 'cool'

Take a leap, you'll still land on your own two feet!
Reply 3
Tired of hearing about lonely people. Become gay ffs
Reply 4
TBH, its not as good as you think. Think of it this way you have way more freedom.....
Reply 5
When we make big decisions as human beings, it necessarily causes anxiety, causes resistance. That won't change after you talk to this girl, nor should it. These feelings we have are excitement, it is a new experience.

Intense desire creates opportunities. Ask yourself...has what you have done so far worked up to this point? No?...Time to change course.
Tired of being single too. Why are all the good guys gay?!?!?
Reply 7
I've had quite a long term relationship before and I still get sick of being single. You just have to try and concentrate on other things and take your mind off it. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to get you a girlfriend.
How tall are you and how much do you weigh
Reply 9
I think you should talk to that girl there is no point in doing nothing and hoping to get a girlfriend. You have to make an effort to get a girlfriend.

:smile: x
Life always ****s you over. When i was in a relationship all my friends were single. Now im single they are all engaged.
Being single is a drag but there seems to be no single women about these days that dont go for faggot looking guys that dress in tight striped tops, wear plastic earrings thinking it fools people into thinking its diamond and a big quif hair style.

Ive never been one with fashion tho. Shirt and jeans with boots or a suit has always been what i wear. What is the fascination with overweight guys in tight tops, half ope, shaven chests, earrings, come over hair cuts with half a tub of gel. O and the trousers that are too short and brown lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Better to be single than have your heart broken and stamped on by what you once thought was a prince but turned out to be a complete DOUCHEBAG and a half. #sadtimes.com
Reply 12
Original post by formanmark
Life always ****s you over. When i was in a relationship all my friends were single. Now im single they are all engaged.
Being single is a drag but there seems to be no single women about these days that dont go for faggot looking guys that dress in tight striped tops, wear plastic earrings thinking it fools people into thinking its diamond and a big quif hair style.

Ive never been one with fashion tho. Shirt and jeans with boots or a suit has always been what i wear. What is the fascination with overweight guys in tight tops, half ope, shaven chests, earrings, come over hair cuts with half a tub of gel. O and the trousers that are too short and brown lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

To be honest the only boys who dress like how you described are in my age group, 15-16, just following trends to fit in. They'll all disappear in the next year and something else ridiculous will come along.
Why has a thread from Christmas Eve suddenly been revived? :confused:
Original post by jlambo93
I am aware you, the reader, have probably heard loads of these stories but I feel like I may feel better of I get it off my chest and some advice (hopefully). Basically I've never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl but it never bothered me at all however and my friends at home have had girlfriends for a while and I was ok with it but my best mate recently for one and all they talk about their relationship s now and as one of 2 single people out of 8 of my close friends it's so irritating. I've always had confidence issues with talking to women and I'm not into the idea of pulling in a club I would much rather be in a meaningful relationship with a girl I really like than some random one night stand. There is a girl I really like but I'm not sure she likes me and the whole thing is really getting me down. Any advice?

Only the weak feel loneliness. Only the needy require relationships. My advice to you is to give up trying. Love and sex are meaningless tokens of human fantasy that shrivel and rot eventually.
Original post by Generic Genius
Only the weak feel loneliness. Only the needy require relationships. My advice to you is to give up trying. Love and sex are meaningless tokens of human fantasy that shrivel and rot eventually.

Aggreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is it like being single? I like it! I like starting each day with a sense of possibility. And I’m optimistic, because everyday I get a little more desperate. And desperate situations yield the quickest results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh same ive been single for the 15 years ive been alive and itll be my 16th year in august. and the problem is go to a girls school so i dont meet anyone new

Latest

Trending

Trending