The Student Room Group

I am so so jealous of his ex

I am getting so ill mentally over it. I am seeing this guy atm but I can't stop obsessing over his ex. She is petite, blonde, gorgeous smile, very cute and sweet, confident, adorable....I am so jealous. I know her cause I have met her cause she is in our friendship circle. She dumped him. I know he was crazy about her and looked after her and worshipped the ground she walked on. I feel so inferior. I feel like a nobody in comparison. I feel jealous that she slept with him, cuddled him, had their in jokes and memories and I don't know a thing about this. I feel like I will never know him as well as she did. I am so jealous it kills :frown: :frown: ny advice??
Original post by Anonymous
I am getting so ill mentally over it. I am seeing this guy atm but I can't stop obsessing over his ex. She is petite, blonde, gorgeous smile, very cute and sweet, confident, adorable....I am so jealous. I know her cause I have met her cause she is in our friendship circle. She dumped him. I know he was crazy about her and looked after her and worshipped the ground she walked on. I feel so inferior. I feel like a nobody in comparison. I feel jealous that she slept with him, cuddled him, had their in jokes and memories and I don't know a thing about this. I feel like I will never know him as well as she did. I am so jealous it kills :frown: :frown: ny advice??

Go see a counselor.

If you cant get over it, break up with him.
I have a plan.

.... We kill the batman.
Does he ever mention her or talk to her or anything?
I know this isn't conventional advice, but I have problems getting over things as I have a good memory and if something hurts my feelings then it sticks, forever and I have found only one thing that helps me.
I always Meditate, just turn off all phones, TV's, computers etc sit down somewhere comfy in a way you feel comfortable and switch off your mind. I know to most it sounds silly but when I can finally switch off my mind and concentrate on one thing I can usually find a solution to my issue.

I hope this help! and good luck
Stop being ****ing jealous and talk to the guy about how you're feeling.
I think I can see the psychology here. I reckon that if this girl wasn't the ex of your current love interest and was a friend, acquaintance or even just someone you knew, these intense feelings of jealousy and inferiority would be non-existent or very minor. She once had what you want now - a proper, serious relationship with this guy - and you are still in the early stages of things with him and are unsure as to whether you will make it to that next stage. It's natural, when seeing starting to see someone we really like, to doubt ourselves and wonder whether we measure up to their 'standards'. But too much and it becomes unhealthy, as you have acknowledged.

Your brain, unfortunately, is thinking 'X (the girl) got Y (this guy) and X has the following traits A, B and, C, and so this means that to get Y I must have traits A, B and C'. This is not true. You do not have to be a carbon copy of someone's ex for them to like you. Men are capable of liking different things in different people. Look at all the people you have been attracted to - have they all been similar? Doubt it. This sounds a little odd but in a way you are seeing this girl through the eyes of this guy, and the only reason her 'greatness' seems so 'great' is because she has been 'validated' by him.

It's interesting to look at the way you have described this girl. Take some time to try and describe yourself in only a positive way. There are different types of attractiveness and just because you don't fit one 'stereotype' of 'beautiful' doesn't mean you're not beautiful.

As someone else said, if you can't get past this, move on from him. Your health is more important.
ny advice??

Easy. Become petite, blonde, gorgeous smile, very cute and sweet, confident, adorable... he'll soon stop thinking about her, and so will you.
Reply 8
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
I think I can see the psychology here. I reckon that if this girl wasn't the ex of your current love interest and was a friend, acquaintance or even just someone you knew, these intense feelings of jealousy and inferiority would be non-existent or very minor. She once had what you want now - a proper, serious relationship with this guy - and you are still in the early stages of things with him and are unsure as to whether you will make it to that next stage. It's natural, when seeing starting to see someone we really like, to doubt ourselves and wonder whether we measure up to their 'standards'. But too much and it becomes unhealthy, as you have acknowledged.

Your brain, unfortunately, is thinking 'X (the girl) got Y (this guy) and X has the following traits A, B and, C, and so this means that to get Y I must have traits A, B and C'. This is not true. You do not have to be a carbon copy of someone's ex for them to like you. Men are capable of liking different things in different people. Look at all the people you have been attracted to - have they all been similar? Doubt it. This sounds a little odd but in a way you are seeing this girl through the eyes of this guy, and the only reason her 'greatness' seems so 'great' is because she has been 'validated' by him.

It's interesting to look at the way you have described this girl. Take some time to try and describe yourself in only a positive way. There are different types of attractiveness and just because you don't fit one 'stereotype' of 'beautiful' doesn't mean you're not beautiful.

As someone else said, if you can't get past this, move on from him. Your health is more important.

You have just summarised everything I think and feel re this situation. Thanks. That helped so much.

Just seeing, how come you are not official yet just out of interest? in any case it seems he is going towards you at least so you need to rememeber that, otherwise if you can't get over your jealousy you may have to consider ending it him.
Stop going crazy. He is in a relationship with you now and he has made his choice. Is it the fact that she dumped him and not the other way?

You have to have more confidence, otherwise this jealousy is going to destroy you. You have to understand that this is his past, but you are now in the present with him. My main advice is - be the best girlfriend he has ever had. Look after him, feed him, give him the best sex, be there for him, organise little surprises. In return he will do the same and worship the ground you are walking on. And seriously - stop worrying. Or you will get wrinkles!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending