The Student Room Group

Struggling to cope with my little sister growing up

Hi I’m just looking for some advice.
My younger sister is just about 15yo and she’s always pushed her emotions down and never talks about her life much. She’s struggled to make friends a lot growing up like I have but me being older she’s watching me go out with mates for drinks and having a long term boyfriend E.g and I know over the last few months she’s been quite jealous of me (I’ve assured her it’s just her rubbish circumstances because when she’s my age she will have more opportunities to meet more people and find a partner) but a few weeks ago she admitted to my family that she had been texting this boy and fallen asleep on call with him each night. I thought it was super sweet and I supported it.

So she’s never had any close relationship with anyone let alone romantically and it did worry me that she seemed to move fast saying she loved him within three days. He told her he would ask her out on Valentine’s Day. So they were still technically just talking and I was so happy with her it all really seems innocent. Then a week after it started she came to see me and started crying- the boy had decided he preferred his ex girlfriend. But what I found out last night was that my 15yo sister had sex with him the day before he “broke up” with her. She had known him for six days.

And I know I shouldn’t, but I feel just absolutely devastated. She’s my little sister I’ve watched grow up all my life and it would be one thing if she was 18 but she is 15 and the boy was older and had multiple partners before her. And it looks as if he has taken advantage of my sister and then threw her away right after. She’s been really upset and I know having sex that young can be honestly traumatic (considering she was thrown away after). Especially as she told me she didn’t really feel ready but then after that she’s completely disconnected from it and won’t bring it up. I’m just looking for some advice because I’m really struggling to get over how disturbed I am. I grew up from a Catholic background and as much as I don’t like it influencing my views I just feel really disgusted. Not by her -never by her- but by the situation. I feel guilty for her not being comfortable enough with me to tell me she was going to his house for sex. I want her to tell our mum but she gets angry when I bring it up as a suggestion. She had literally known him for six days. I keep crying about it because my beliefs can’t help me from thinking she’s been so vulgarly deflowered. In my mind she’s still a little girl I needed to help bring to the toilet at the shops or the little girl I read bedtime stories to at night. I’m really upset for her and I told her I’m here for her but she keeps getting angry at me and told me to just forget about it. But oh my gosh she is 15 years old.
Does your sister like any activities like hiking, go karting or going long drives? You can participate with her in activities and start talking to her openly. Make her feel that you are a safe place for her. Tell her that you love her and what happened it was not her fault. And children at that age can do silly and stupid things. Don't be harsh on her. Try to be open with her. Give her good and useful advice for the future.
boy is a pedo? age of consent is 16. she was preyed upon. age of consent is there for a reason. most religions forbid sex before marriage for a reason. but ye didnt that dude who is older break the law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending