Reply 40
Original post by TattyBoJangles
- GCSEs - 7A*, 3A
- A-Levels - A*A*A (achieved)
- UKCAT - 715 avg.

Work exp. / volunteering etc
- 1 week shadowing consultant cardiologist
- 1 week shadowing consultant cardiac surgeon
- Advanced First Aider with St John Ambulance (2 years)
- Helper at Brownies (1 year)
- Maths mentor at school (2 years)
- "Lead Student" at school (2 years)
- Currently working full-time in a care home (since September)
- Fundraising for my trip to Kenya
- Hobbies include football and photography, but have taken neither further than being "just" a hobby

I thought the selection process for Dundee undergrads was 60% academics and 40% UKCAT? I'm sure at the open day they mentioned they don't look at the PS until interview.

Yes, it is :smile: My mistake, will change that :tongue:
Congratulation! To be like you next year... :moon:
Reply 42
Well the only things I sent with my application was the ukcat score, not so good (under 700), reference and the personal statement. (my final exams take place in May) So if they had not read my ps they probably would have not invited me for an interview, wouldn't they ?

Hippokrates, thanks for your tips :wink:
Ooh joining this thread! Offer from at Georges :biggrin:
Original post by TaraBelle
Ooh joining this thread! Offer from at Georges :biggrin:

Yay! Well done :smile:
Original post by Hippokrates
Yay! Well done :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Offers from KCL and Cambridge :biggrin:. Soo excited to start medical school in October!!! Just need to get the grades now :/
Reply 47
Original post by Natalie21
Offers from KCL and Cambridge :biggrin:. Soo excited to start medical school in October!!! Just need to get the grades now :/

Wow, well done! Which are you most likely to go to? :smile:

You deserve it! I bet it sounds silly but I'm so happy Manchester starts on the 17th of September, don't think I could wait till October :P
Reply 49
Is this only for people with achieved A level grades? Because I have an offer from Manchester but I still need to get 3 As...
Original post by jonnyb123
Is this only for people with achieved A level grades? Because I have an offer from Manchester but I still need to get 3 As...

Nope I'm in the same boat exactly as you!
Original post by Maryam A
Wow, well done! Which are you most likely to go to? :smile:

Thank you! Cambridge probably :biggrin:.

You deserve it! I bet it sounds silly but I'm so happy Manchester starts on the 17th of September, don't think I could wait till October :P

Aww thank you :biggrin:. Noo I'm so glad it starts in October, I want September to relax :wink:.
Thank you! Cambridge probably :biggrin:.

Aww thank you :biggrin:. Noo I'm so glad it starts in October, I want September to relax :wink:.

I'm really excited just to go! I wish I had time to relax but I have no money saved up and I need a laptop as well as all the other expenses so I'll hopefully find a job for the summer. Here's a question should I tell them I'm going to medical school in September or not.
Reply 53
Nope I'm in the same boat exactly as you!

Oh right haha, really don't feel like I've got in anywhere yet!
I'm really excited just to go! I wish I had time to relax but I have no money saved up and I need a laptop as well as all the other expenses so I'll hopefully find a job for the summer. Here's a question should I tell them I'm going to medical school in September or not.

I currently have a job so I'm hoping to work extra hours during summer and then stay on and work in the holidays :biggrin:.

Hmm it's a tricky one I guess you'll have to at one point!
I currently have a job so I'm hoping to work extra hours during summer and then stay on and work in the holidays :biggrin:.

Hmm it's a tricky one I guess you'll have to at one point!

I don't know whether "i got into medical school" outweighs btw I'm only here a few months.
I don't know whether "i got into medical school" outweighs btw I'm only here a few months.

Hahaha me either! Surely you'll only work like 2 months then you'll have to give it up? And that's if you can find a job that starts nicely straight after exams?
Hahaha me either! Surely you'll only work like 2 months then you'll have to give it up? And that's if you can find a job that starts nicely straight after exams?

Yeah but i can't see me being able to work at uni and i volunteer twice a week so i don't know how i'd fit a job in?
Yeah but i can't see me being able to work at uni and i volunteer twice a week so i don't know how i'd fit a job in?

What about in the holidays?

I volunteer twice a week and still fit a job in! Every sunday and every other saturday!
Just wanted to drop in and say congratulations to anyone who got in! :biggrin: Hopefully i'll be posting in the 2014 thread this time next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending