The Student Room Group

KCL v.s Birmingham Medical School?

I have an offer to both KCL and Birmingham. Which med school is better and more highly reputed?
Reply 1
I also applied to birmingham. Around when did you submit your application to UCAS? I applied, to my memory, 3 days before the October deadline. I'm hoping thats the reason why I have not heard back from Birmingham
Both are good, both have a great reputation. The more important question is where would you like to go?
Original post by NinjaNerdfighter
Both are good, both have a great reputation. The more important question is where would you like to go?

I'm leaning towards KCL but have concerns about the availability of student support (based on unistats.com)
Reply 4
Original post by jsmith6131
I'm leaning towards KCL but have concerns about the availability of student support (based on unistats.com)

I would go with KCL.
Amazing hospital links in the King's Trust = fantastic teaching with a diverse variety of cultures and ethnicities of people in London.
Congrats for your offers :smile: I think you should choose according to your preferences in course/location/student life/finance. You are going to spend the next 5 or 6 years of your life in a place you wouldnt want to regret.
Reply 6
Congrats on your offers! I have friends at both in the year above, and the one at bham absolutely loves it! I'd say more than my friends at kings. My friends at king's say that it administration is a bit of a problem and that it's easy to feel lost in such a big year group. One of them was lucky enough to have offers at both Cardiff and Leeds last year as well, but went with kings as she thought it was more prestigious. She says she regrets it now as prestige really doesn't matter (No one has to know what uni we went to when we apply for our foundation years) and she should have just gone to a uni where she would have been more happy :/ However, I only have two friends who go to kings and so it's only two people's opinion. Personally, I did apply to king's as I didn't meet Bham's criteria very well, but would have loved to have applied there! :frown: Went to the open day and it looked awesome so I was gutted :/

EDIT: I know Bham has a big year group too, but my friend said it's not really a prob as everyone feels like they're part of a community as it's a campus uni and she's always going on about their med soc :L
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by blazers
I also applied to birmingham. Around when did you submit your application to UCAS? I applied, to my memory, 3 days before the October deadline. I'm hoping thats the reason why I have not heard back from Birmingham

Wouldnt make a difference. Maybe it's because you are international? Or just that they haven;t considered your app yet..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending