The Student Room Group

Which uni is the best out of these?

(edited 11 years ago)
Depends on course, your grades, your predicted grades, course requirements.... the list is endless
Reply 2
It completely depends on the course, but generally Durham and Bristol would be better.
Reply 3
Original post by tory88
It completely depends on the course, but generally Durham and Bristol would be better.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Amelie118
Which uni should I choose
Edinburgh
St Andrew's
Bristol
Durham

Well they are all top unis so you have a great choice and whatever you do choose it will be great so be happy!
Reply 5
Original post by danny111
Well they are all top unis so you have a great choice and whatever you do choose it will be great so be happy!

Aw thank you!! :smile:
I'm not sure, but I was going to apply to Edinburgh, not because it's the best but because I love it.
Reply 7
If you've been lucky enough to get an offer St Andrews is by far the best for languages !!! However, it has a very unique location so it's a good idea to check it out and see if you like it. Although, a degree from any of those 4 would be brilliant and it's always bet to pick the place you think you enjoy most and be happiest and the course you think you'd engage best with as you subsequently get a better degree mark :smile: League tables fluctuate but St Andrews rep for languages is very well established and has such small year groups !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/9455548/University-admissions-most-competitive-degree-courses.html

St Andrews languages is tenth toughest to get into course in the country (bar Oxbridge courses). Excluding all the Oxbridge courses bar the toughest entry at each. it's third.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reading is good from what I saw on the open day 3 years ago.

I'm a current language student at Aberystwyth (as half of my joint honours) and I thoroughly enjoy it there. Personally, Exeter and Reading are where you should look. Southampton also has a good reputation, but to me it's not really as languaged orientated there as Exeter and Reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending