The Student Room Group

Student Finance - need help, I'm in trouble!!

Hi,

So last year I was studying business management 1st year and I dropped out because I found really hard and couldn't find time to study. Student finance paid for my tuition fees before I dropped out, now I started my foundation year in a different university because I wanted to start from scratch.

My question is will Student Finance pay for my tuition fees this year even though i'm doing a foundation year? (because it looks like I'm going backwards:s-smilie:)

Please help! Thanks...
Reply 1
I don't see why they shouldn't. I know a few people who are doing a foundation year and Student Finance are paying for their tuition fees.
You should call them up
Yea they will pay it, dont worry :smile:
You've got 4 years worth of student finance.
Original post by smithyinthehouse
You've got 4 years worth of student finance.

No, you get the length of the course + 1 year minus years you've already had. Which is 4 for most people, but it's not a cap. Using that criteria I get 5 years of funding (plus an extra year on top for "extenuating circumstances). They'd presumably get 5 years. If the course has a foundation year then I'm guessing the total will be 4 years, so funding for this course will be 4 + 1 - 1 (which is 5 altogether).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Did you ever receive a qualification? Because if not, they will pay for the foundation year and any other years (such as if you then go on to do a 3 year degree) you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending