The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Gallagher
Just to mention, Queens Uni Belfast is a exceedingly better uni than trinity if your including northern ireland as well. It is higher up the world rankings for top universities by tens of places etc.

Not really true - I'm a Queen's Alumnus, but I wouldn't be too confident of that. Though I do like the banter with my Trinity mates about the last figure below...

Times World University Rankings:
2004: Trinity - 87, Queen's - 185
2005: Trinity - 111, Queen's - outside top 200

Shanghai Jiao Tong University World Rankings:
2005: Trinity - 235, Queen's - 226
kb500
He basically was very impressed with the people there and also their general culture.

Funky. I'm the complete opposite. I'm very unimpressed by them.
Reply 22
Sorry for launching that attack! :biggrin:
You are of course right about the lack of reputaution UCDD :wink: has in the UK.But I think that is finally starting to change with the new adminstration.

As for the person who said QUB was better than Trinity.Thats complete rubbish.I wouldnt rate QUB above many Irish universities.
Reply 23
President_Ben
Funky. I'm the complete opposite. I'm very unimpressed by them.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, as you know I had an immediate preference for MS over UBS, but some may find the latter more to their liking.
Jameo
Sorry for launching that attack! :biggrin:
You are of course right about the lack of reputaution UCDD :wink: has in the UK.But I think that is finally starting to change with the new adminstration.

As for the person who said QUB was better than Trinity.Thats complete rubbish.I wouldnt rate QUB above many Irish universities.

Yeah that's true, I think UCD(D) is a lot more open to change than Trinity (we'd never think of adding an extra D :biggrin: ) and that will help a lot in the future.

As regards Queens, I know little about it. It could be better than TCD/UCD but I doubt it.

To the person who was asking about Law in TCD: It is a difficult course to get into and most people studying it are of a very high calibre, so that can't be a bad thing. It has a very good rep as a law degree also. If you do well, I think it'll be more than sufficient.
Jameo
I go to UCD and I got 580 in the leaving Cert. I could have easily gone to any course in trinity. The reason I didn’t was because I didn’t want to have to share my time with know-it-alls who have pathetic superior complexes like the previous poster.

I will admit that the average trinity student has higher leaving cert points but to claim that trinity represents the cream of Irish students is a ridiculous statement. The top 200 students in UCD, UCC and maybe UCG would easily match the top 200 in trinity. And employers recognize this; proved by the fact that many UCD students enter graduate programs in the UK.The days of trinity attracting Ireland's best are long since over I am afraid.

Someone who agrees with me anyway. I got 545 in my leaving cert and chose to go to galway could have gone to tcd for either law or Bess which would be the only two courses there to interest me.
Jealous smear- I don't think so.

Latest

Trending

Trending