The Student Room Group

[Help needed] BSc in Computer Science/Engineering

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and I’m looking for advice from all the member here on choosing university/foundation.

First of all, I’m going to let you know a bit about myself, I’m a student from Indonesia, a high school student. Its my last year, and will be finished hopefully within Mid-May. Students from Indonesia need to do a one-year foundation in order to continue to Australia or even UK. But I don’t require foundation if I want to continue to Singapore. But if I decide to continue to UK/Aussie, I want a foundation that have access to top university such as UCL, Imperial, Oxford and Cambridge. If you know one please tell me, don’t have to be located in a big city but if it is located in a big city then its a plus point. Is it possible to get into Cambridge, Oxford or Imperial using foundation pathway? Also is it worth to go for extra course like business and another extra one year Industrial experience for computer science/engineering course? (Answered). As I said I have a list of university/foundation that I have applied for.

These are the list of universities that I already applied:

UPCSE by UCL, they are undoubful one of the best university in the world to offer computer science, even if they don't have computer science with business management and industrial experience course, still they are the best and located in a big city, London. Problem is I have done some searching on the forum and I found that there is no guarantee that UPCSE foundation’s students get into UCL even if they study foundation there. And there is a lot of student complaining about it because all the thing on their website are fake. Also there is no minimal grade to get into UCL for foundation’s student. Is it true? And that is what I’m afraid, I don’t want my one-year foundation study come to waste.

INTO Manchester by University of Manchester, they are my second option, one of the best in the UK and probably the world that have computer science course. They have computer science with management and industrial experience, located in a big city, Manchester. One of my friend going to continue his education here too, so if I choose to study here then I’m not alone. In order to continue to the university, a foundation’s student must meet the grade required during their study in the foundation.

King’s College London foundation, they are one of the best university in the UK that have computer science. Located in London which is good because I wanted to study in a big city. And there is an option where we can add business management and industrial experience to computer science course, which is great. They got great foundation, I guess.

Bellerby’s College, they have widerange of network and it is useful because it can help me to get into top university in the UK such as Manchester. Also the module in the foundation is more direct, we are enforced to study thing related to what we’re interest such as if I want to study computer science later at the uni, Bellerbys allowed their studentto take computing study during the foundation, which will help me understand lessons easier in the university later. Problem is in order to study the computer module I need to choose between 2 cities because the module is not available on each of their branch, it is only available in Cambridge, located not in London but near London. Or in Brighton which I never visit before, I’m guessing its not a big city as London and Manchester but still a city.

Royal Holloway, University of London, foundation programme. Well they have computer science course but don’t have the business and industrial experience additional course. Located in London which is good. One of the best university to study computer science in the UK. I haven’t applied yet but if I got suggestion, I will apply too.

Trinity College, University of Melbourne, Australia, they have computer science course but don’t have business or even industrial experience additional course but they are the best one in Australia. Located in Melbourne, a metropolitan city. Lots of student from my country study in Melbourne, so it will not be a problem getting new friends there. Foundation also required at Trinity College before progressing to University of Melbourne

Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) and National University of Singapore, they are two of the best university in Asia that have computer science course, NTU have additional business course for computer science/engineering but NUS don’t have one. The problem is to get in there we’re required to take an entrance examination, I have done one a few weeks back, but the result will be issued around Mid-March, so I can’t count this as an option because the result has not been announced yet. The good side is they don’t required foundations because the entrance test is based on A-Level materials.

Please give me some advice

Thank you
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump, kindly help.

thank you
Reply 2
Bump! Still need advice guys thanks

I got duplicate thread in different section: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2254659

If it against the rule, admin can close this thread
Reply 3
bump guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending