The Student Room Group

Is my UCAS screwed?

Okay, So I have applied to do BA Acting at Rose Bruford College & at Central School of Speech and Drama through UCAS - But i've changed my mind on the course in which I want to study completely.
Now that the Jan 15th deadline has passed by nearly a month, is it possible to change my UCAS even though it has been sent off?

:s-smilie::s-smilie:HELP A IDIOT OUT!!!:s-smilie::s-smilie:
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by jackcrush94
Okay, So I have applied to do BA Acting at Rose Bruford College & at Central School of Speech and Drama through UCAS - But i've changed my mind on the course in which I want to study completely.
Now that the Jan 15th deadline has passed by nearly a month, is it possible to change my UCAS even though it has been sent off?

Thanks

You can withdraw that university and use extra
Original post by jackcrush94

Thanks

You can't change your application through UCAS, but I suppose it is possible to contact the University directly to ask them to consider you for the other course instead. Not sure how advisable this is though; it might look like a lack of commitment, and to be honest, Uni admissions departments are usually too swamped around this time of year to be able to deal with changes like that.
If you've only applied to 1 choice on your UCAS form then you can just add on another 4 choices - this will be a better idea than just declining your current choice and going through Extra as you'll still be able to pick a firm and insurance if you get more than one offer (with Extra you apply to 1 uni at a time so only get a firm choice).

Your applications will be treated as "late" (ie after the 15 January deadline) but that generally isn't the worst thing unless you're applying for massivley competetive unis or very competetive courses.

BUT before you add any choices on Track then it's best to contact the unveirsities you want to apply to and ask if they're willing to take late applications at the same time it's worth explaining your general reasons for changing your mind and asking if you can write to them directly with a new PS suited to your new subject choice.

Also if you've only applied to 1 choice so far you'll have to pay UCAS some more money to add the additional 4 choices.
Reply 4
Ucas on Facebook are always happy to help you out and answer your questions so you could ask them for piece of mind :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending