The Student Room Group

Am I just screwed?

So uh I landed myself a suspension for a silly reason a little while ago. This happened in Year 12. 3 days were spent externally excluded and the other 2 was spent in isolation, so 5 days in total. My grades in my A Level choices are pretty good (An A* and two A’s as of rn) and my school record is squeaky clean before and after this. What are my odds if I wanted to go to a medical school?

Btw if you’re wondering what I did, I made a games website and a document in Yr11. It had ways of unblocking stuff on the school’s computers and the school caught onto it and punished me harshly.

In all honesty, if this ruins my life this is a stupid way to go out. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day 🤣
Original post by DaSonic
So uh I landed myself a suspension for a silly reason a little while ago. This happened in Year 12. 3 days were spent externally excluded and the other 2 was spent in isolation, so 5 days in total. My grades in my A Level choices are pretty good (An A* and two A’s as of rn) and my school record is squeaky clean before and after this. What are my odds if I wanted to go to a medical school?

Btw if you’re wondering what I did, I made a games website and a document in Yr11. It had ways of unblocking stuff on the school’s computers and the school caught onto it and punished me harshly.

In all honesty, if this ruins my life this is a stupid way to go out. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day 🤣

The only way this will impact any university application (including one for medicine) is if your school decide to mention it when completing your UCAS reference. Which they won't (it's just not in their interests to so so). You'll be fine.
Original post by DaSonic

It won't make any difference at school or follow you anywhere on any records. Might be worth being aware though, that if you'd done something like that in a work environment, it would have been gross misconduct, instant dismissal and possibly even a charge if any of the 'stuff' was sensitive.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
It won't make any difference at school or follow you anywhere on any records. Might be worth being aware though, that if you'd done something like that in a work environment, it would have been gross misconduct, instant dismissal and possibly even a charge if any of the 'stuff' was sensitive.

It was just an innocent little game website but some people found and added stuff on how to do that “stuff”. Thanks for the response and have nice day
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
The only way this will impact any university application (including one for medicine) is if your school decide to mention it when completing your UCAS reference. Which they won't (it's just not in their interests to so so). You'll be fine.

So I’m in the clear pretty much? Thankssss :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest