The Student Room Group

Johnson's holiday skin body lotion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
probably a stupid question to all you fake tanners out there but how do you make sure that its completely even on your back and well rubbed in..unless im the only one that isnt too good at reaching all over my back, im scared of missing a bit.
*saw a girl at the bust stop wearing a skirt and she was playing around with her flat shoes, revieling her extremely muddy orange heels where she didnt exfoliate* hehe
Reply 41
Not entirely on topic but I don't feel it warrants a whole new thread. I recently bought one of the nivea self tan sprays, now I used it on my legs and gave a great colour, but I always think colour on legs can handle being a bit darker. I really want to do my shoulders and arms, and back, the only thing I'm not so keen on is having to do my face, but then I don't see how I can do my shoulders etc because it would lead up to my pasty face!

Anyone have anytips?
Snowfall
I got this and tried it a couple of times. Each time I use it, a little while after applying it, it all starts to come off in clumps..I don't really know how to describe it but if i rub my skin after using it, it all goes into little clumps like rubber bits after you rub something out...

Eek does this make sense to anyone?? Is it normal? have I just not exfoliated enough?...

this happens to me as well, my skin is dry but i exfoliated really well, and after id only applied it twice, it started comin off in bits and smelt really weird. will finish up the bottle tho, and then mayb try dove or garnier:mad:
Reply 43
sounds like skin from rubbing too hard
I dont rate this product at all, it steaks and leaves orangy marks. I use Garnier moisturiser which i find much better and its the same price. I only used it twice and i went quite a nice brown colour with no streaks at all and it lasted for ages!
Reply 45
Hi guys!

I have used the Johnson's holiday skin since last year for when I have need to apply fake tan. I didnt find it a bad body/tan lotion but have always found it turned quite nasty after a while.
I have tried Dove's alternative this morning and so far i give it thumb's up! Seems to have given a much more nicer overall colour and I don't have orange hands ***BONUS*** :p:

Oh btw,I have found that both Johnson's and Dove holiday skin lotions have applied well on facial areas, so dont hesitate when it comes to the dreaded area of the face! :smile:
Reply 46
Rosalily
I've heard good things about the Garnier one, but I haven't personally tried it. I use St.Tropez every couple of weeks rather than use the gradual build-up moisturisers/lotions.

The Garnier one (body summer) is awesome!!! I think it's cheaper as well. And I really love it, it smells okay and the tan you get looks nice and natural :smile:
I got a 50p money off voucher for the Garnier one so I might get that one next time!
Dove is meant to be better than Johnson's. I dont like Holiday Skin. It peels and it smells horrible.
Reply 49
I've been using Johnson's Holiday Skin for ages and I love it! My friends at uni and my Mum use it to, actually I'd never heard of anyone disliking it until I read this thread :confused:
Reply 50
Yes (Hallie) ive tried the l'oreal one and its brilliant! not too orange, no streaks. yay.
Reply 51
The Dove one smells a lot better.

I've found out I'm hugely allergic to the Johnsons one, gone all red and spotty and itchy! So if you have sensitive skin beware!
I've tried every fake tan, spray, lotion, accelerator etc going and I now use the dove one. I'm really pale so I use the one for light skin. Put quite a bit on and rub it in and there's no streaks. You don't end up looking orange but it builds the tan up slowly and evenly. Only takes 5 - 10 mins to dry so I do it just before I go to bed. 10 mins later I can sleep and it doesn't leave any marks on the sheets :-) It's really good...I'd recommend it (smells ok too)
My brother's face was left orange with Johnson's tanning lotion...in fact, it looked like faeces had been smeared across his mouth...quite appalling really but hilarious :biggrin: I laughed at his dog poo face like everyone else....pity it didn't take longer than a week for the look to disappear.
Reply 54
Not really a moisturiser, but had anyone used the Ambre Solaire No Streaks Spray Bronzer? I got some today (in the version for pasty people :p: ) but have read varying reviews on it, ranging from really good to don't even go there even if it's free! I know you have to exfoliate and shave etc before putting it on, but if I let the colour build up before my ball and then shave legs again would that make it go funny? Sorry, dumbass question I know. I think I'll prob end up staying pale and being too scared to use it!
Sianey- Exactly the same thing happened to me the other day but the weird thing was I've used it before and been fine.

Could it have gone off? I couldn't find an expiry date on it but I don't think it was that old.
I bought Dove's Summer Glow yesterday- i'm worried about this shaving thing too! I'm going to a ball on Saturday so want to wait to shave my legs until then, but if i apply the fake tan before that- will shaving leave me with horrid streaks?
Reply 57
I have the Johnson's one and personally regret buying it. I haven't seen much difference (only a little) and it does streak a wee bit sometimes. And it's very very smellyyyyy. However, I only wanted it for my legs, because i'm quite dark anyway, its just my legs seem lighter than the rest of me. Booo
Reply 58
I put this on yesterday on my legs and i went al spotty, a bit like a shaving rash. I think it was because i had broken skin.
xx
yeah i also bought dove the other day and am worried about shaving - but surely if they say oh you can use it all year round or whatever you have to be allowed to shave.....right? :s-smilie: oh well, no one will see any streaky legs of mine anyway...and if they do then oh well lol!
but anyway, the dove one smells gorgeoussssssssss! i'm worried i'm gunna get some sniffing problem cus it's so yummy! also i've put on two applocations so far and i can see a difference already, so far, really impressed.

also - i can swim right??? will i fade or streak or anything???

Quick Reply

Latest