The Student Room Group

Spraying suncreen directly on your face?

So I've always use the aerosal bottle sunscreen mist because its the easiest way to reapply sunscreen without messing up my makeup, and also I hate touching my face.
From the directions, however, it says to not spray directly to your face and Im not quite understanding why.
From what I've seen online, its main reasons are so it doesn't directly go into your eyes or to ensure an even application.
However, isn't it common sense to just avoid opening your eyes when you're spraying something on your face anyway? And even if it doesn't have the most even application, I'm sure its be far more even compared to trying to apply sun lotion without a mirror.
Maybe there's another reason that I'm unsure of but in general is it still safe to spray it directly onto my face or are there serious problems with doing that?
The main problem is not the eyes but the lung. Even if you hold your breath, you might still inhale aerosolized/ evaporated sunscreen that lingers in the air.

Maybe just use sunscreen before your make up? I think that is the norm. That way you can put on a lot of sunscreen if it's a particularly sunny day.
Reply 2
Original post by Arctic Kitten
The main problem is not the eyes but the lung. Even if you hold your breath, you might still inhale aerosolized/ evaporated sunscreen that lingers in the air.

Maybe just use sunscreen before your make up? I think that is the norm. That way you can put on a lot of sunscreen if it's a particularly sunny day.

Wouldn't the problem be the same if you were spraying directly on your body too? Like your neck or even your arms, your inevitably still going to breathe it in right?
I do put on sunscreen before my makeup but you should be reapplying it every couple hours throughout the day and sprays are easier and cheaper than those powders or cushions.
I guess I'll just bring a mini fan with me to stop me inhaling so much haha

Quick Reply

Latest