The Student Room Group

Should I shave my pubes?

So the reason why I want to shave them is because my groin has been smelling like BO and I hate the smell, but I think I won't like the way it will look when I shave it, and it might itch. Also, idk how I'll get a shaving kit or how it do it without hurting myself. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
So the reason why I want to shave them is because my groin has been smelling like BO and I hate the smell, but I think I won't like the way it will look when I shave it, and it might itch. Also, idk how I'll get a shaving kit or how it do it without hurting myself. What should I do?

Water alone will not stop BO. Washing thoroughly with soap and water will stop BO - then you won't need to shave.

BO is created by bacteria which is killed by soap and water. The decision to shave (or not) is then entirely yours.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttly
Water alone will not stop BO. Washing thoroughly with soap and water will stop BO - then you won't need to shave.

BO is created by bacteria which is killed by soap and water. The decision to shave (or not) is then entirely yours.

I do use soap and I scrub as hard as I can. I use an African net sponge if you're wondering. Is there any type of soap I should use?

thats grim lad
Reply 4
Are you M/F?

What kind of underwear do you wear?
Reply 5
Original post by Apachecow
Are you M/F?

What kind of underwear do you wear?

I'm a male and I wear boxers
Reply 6
I'm a male and I wear boxers

Then I think less likely to help. Actually, shaving makes things sweatier down there, must impede airflow and everything kind of stick together. I really should go anon but don't care!

Keep yourself clean down there - soap or shower gel is fine. Make sure everything dry after showering. Loose boxers good. Shower after strenuous activities like sports

If you look in chemists/Amazon there are specific powders and lotions you can get to help. Something to potentially consider.

I don't think shaving is the issue - after a day with no deodorant your armpits or feet would smell. If a girl (or boy or whatever you are into) is heading down that way - shower before your date!
The final consideration - If you still have BO and use soap and water - your clothes will still retain the bacteria in the fibres around the body area affected by BO if you cool wash everything at 40 degrees or below. So with the cleanest pits or sac if you don't clear your clothes of BO the BO smell will continue even after washing with your clothes with detergent. Use Vanish or a similar Oxi additive at 40 degree wash with your washing powder. Use a softener to be gentle on your skin (obs if you have sensitive skin rinse well after the wash phase) So all things soap and water for the body, use a deodorant on your skin and clean your clothes with a 'Vanish' or any Oxi additive in the machine wash.
Reply 8
Don't shave just get some trimmers and do it all nice and short.

dat boi stinky BRUH -_-

Quick Reply

Latest