The Student Room Group

The Mega Alevel Chemistry help thread.... 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Reply 21
[QUOTE="Future_Dr;41558822"]
Original post by otrivine

When are you doing respiration?

I am going to finish the respiration in march. I am now finishing off photosyntheis as I covered the liver/kidneys and finishing this.

But from monday till today I only revised F215 and managed to finish the first chapter. I lost a lot of motivation for F215 its just too long:colondollar:
Reply 22
You guys aren't quoting properly - make sure you check the quote tags are done correctly.
Reply 23
Can anyone help me me in Gas Lawplease
Reply 24
Can anyone help me me in Gas Lawplease

Oh god! Boyles law pressure 1/volume at fixed temperature for fixed mass of gas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by b4tman
Oh god! Boyles law pressure 1/volume at fixed temperature for fixed mass of gas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not gas laws , this, I just dont get why this is in chemstry? it should be physics
Original post by Natalie21
OCR A says above +0.3V is feasible. +0.3V to -0.3V is in equlibrium. And below -0.3V is not feasible under standard conditions.

hmmm...can you look at my question on #16? :smile:
Reply 27
A set of car tyres, each of volume 21.0 dm3, were inflated till the pressure gauge read 28.5 lb in-2 . During a journey, the temperature of the tyres increased from 15 °C to 42 °C and their volume increased to 21.6 dm3. What would the pressure gauge have read then? (The pressure of air in the tyre was the sum of the gauge pressure and atmospheric pressure, which may be taken as 14.7 lb in-2 )

I am stuck on this i get 30.3 and mark scheme gets 31.2
A set of car tyres, each of volume 21.0 dm3, were inflated till the pressure gauge read 28.5 lb in-2 . During a journey, the temperature of the tyres increased from 15 °C to 42 °C and their volume increased to 21.6 dm3. What would the pressure gauge have read then? (The pressure of air in the tyre was the sum of the gauge pressure and atmospheric pressure, which may be taken as 14.7 lb in-2 )

Why so big? :argh:
Reply 29
Original post by Future_Dr
Why so big? :argh:

sorry I think my computer does automatically! was trying to draw peoples attention ? can you help me on this future_dr :smile:
sorry I think my computer does automatically! was trying to draw peoples attention ? can you help me on this future_dr :smile:

No idea on physcial chemistry.. We do this in in our last unit. :redface:
Reply 31
No idea on physcial chemistry.. We do this in in our last unit. :redface:

Yes :smile: how have u been :smile:
Reply 32

I got 30.3 at first, but I realised you have to add the atmospheric pressure to the pressure gauge reading of 28.5 and use that as the pressure initially, then minus it again at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Mrkingpenguin;41559354"]

Please for the love of God change the title,

Yeah.. I sent a report to the mod.. still waiting. I just made the 'G' in Gaint in lower case and also H in help. :colondollar:
Reply 34
Original post by b4tman
I got 30.3 at first, but I realised you have to add the atmospheric pressure to the pressure gauge reading of 28.5 and use that as the pressure initially, then minus it again at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you show me please?
[QUOTE="Future_Dr;41559472"]
Original post by Mrkingpenguin

Yeah.. I sent a report to the mod.. still waiting. I just made the 'G' in Gaint in lower case and also H in help. :colondollar:

YOU can change it yourself,click on "go advanced" it's at the top
Reply 36
can you show me please?

I used an online converter for the conversion to SI units

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is that?
[QUOTE="Mrkingpenguin;41559537"]

YOU can change it yourself,click on "go advanced" it's at the top

darn it... didn't work:mad:
Reply 39
Original post by b4tman
I used an online converter for the conversion to SI units

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks but why did u convert the volume unit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending