The Student Room Group

He has a girlfriend...

Just looking for some advice...
Last year, on a 6 month split from my now ex long term boyfriend, I met a boy at university and we got pretty close very quickly. We never were classified as 'an item' but we hung out a couple of times a week & behaved like boyfriend & girlfriend. However, my ex long term boyfriend turned up on my doorstep at uni out of the blue and persuaded/manipulated me into giving us another go. I regretted this decision as soon as I made it, not just for my own reasons but because I knew I would hurt the guy I met at uni & still to this day regret it as I later discovered my long term ex was continuing to have several affairs behind my back. During the time I was back with this guy, the guy from uni got back with his ex girlfriend. I split from my ex a few months ago & admittedly missed the guy from uni for those months.

Recently, the guy from uni with the girlfriend has got back in touch with me. Just houseparties & nights out etc which I thought was just friendly... Until a couple of days ago. We was at his house party with his friends & we went outside for his cigarette & he unveilled a LOT of feelings for me, such as "I could love you", "I compare her to you everyday", "You were the one that got away" & ultimately that he wasnt happy with her. He then kissed me, which I stopped.

Now I am at a complete loss of what to do.. We both are in our fourth and final year at uni & a long distance between our hometowns. Would really appreciate any advice.

Sorry for the long story!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uhm. I'm not sure what the question is? If you still like him, tell him that and it sounds like he'll split to be with you. If you don't, tell him that and you're sorry but he'll have to deal with his girlfriend himself.

Just make sure you don't do anything with the guy while he's still in a relationship. You were right to stop the kissing.
Isn't the answer pretty obvious?

Sounds like a classic case of two people being absolute idiots about their true feelings.
Original post by Ali xo
Last year, on a 6 month split from my now ex long term boyfriend, I met a boy at university and we got pretty close very quickly. We never were classified as 'an item' but we hung out a couple of times a week & behaved like boyfriend & girlfriend. However, my ex long term boyfriend turned up on my doorstep at uni out of the blue and persuaded/manipulated me into giving us another go. I regretted this decision as soon as I made it, not just for my own reasons but because I knew I would hurt the guy I met at uni & still to this day regret it as I later discovered my long term ex was continuing to have several affairs behind my back. During the time I was back with this guy, the guy from uni got back with his ex girlfriend. I split from my ex a few months ago & admittedly missed the guy from uni for those months.

Recently, the guy from uni with the girlfriend has got back in touch with me. Just houseparties & nights out etc which I thought was just friendly... Until a couple of days ago. We was at his house party with his friends & we went outside for his cigarette & he unveilled a LOT of feelings for me, such as "I could love you", "I compare her to you everyday", "You were the one that got away" & ultimately that he wasnt happy with her. He then kissed me, which I stopped.

Now I am at a complete loss of what to do.. We both are in our fourth and final year at uni & a long distance between our hometowns. Would really appreciate any advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am afraid if he has a girlfriend, then there is nothing you can do about it.
Reply 4
Original post by Ali xo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well what do you think you should do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending